The great and terrible MT4 forever (or how to strategise a transition) - page 3

Igor Makanu:

HH: use@fxsaber libraries and 99% of the time you won't even rewrite code from 4, it will work in MT5 on Hadge-accounts

The thing is, my library is built/licked by me and its behaviour is predictable for me.

PapaYozh:

The thing is, my library is pastured/licked by me and its behaviour is predictable to me.

Yes, there is such a point. There is a very conservative approach to software in finance. And this is generally correct. We are, after all, risking our money, not testing google play.

Igor Makanu:

but a long time ago there appeared for MT5 Hadge - accounts where for one symbol there will be many positions, which works like a normal MT4 order system... Well except for the increased amount of "code writing", in MT4 everything is really compact

I seePositionSelect where Symbol is passed as a parameter. The majik can be obtained only at the selected position. But how can i get, say, 3 different positions by the specified symbol?

PS. I don't mean different positions, they should be unidirectional positions, but formed by different algorithms.

Vasiliy Sokolov:

Yes, there is such a point. The financial sector has a very conservative approach to software. And this is right on the whole. After all, we are risking our money, not testing google play.

I am glad someone understands me :)

PapaYozh:

I seePositionSelect where Symbol is passed as a parameter. You can only get a majic at the selected position. But how can we get, say, 3 different positions from the specified symbol?

PS. I don't mean different positions, they should be unidirectional but formed by different algorithms.

There are also PositionSelectByTicket or PositionGetTicket which I like better.

Is it possible to select OrderSelect by magician in 4ka? You're so worried about different magiks... In 5ka it's exactly the same to select a position and check its magik and symbol. No problem...

Документация по MQL5: Торговые функции / PositionSelectByTicket
Документация по MQL5: Торговые функции / PositionSelectByTicket
  • www.mql5.com
PositionSelectByTicket - Торговые функции - Справочник MQL5 - Справочник по языку алгоритмического/автоматического трейдинга для MetaTrader 5

PapaYozh:

I seePositionSelect where Symbol is passed as a parameter. You can only get a majic at the selected position. But how can we get, say, 3 different positions from the specified symbol?

PS. I don't mean different positions, they should be unidirectional, but formed by different algorithms.

Read references and articles. It's been a long time since hedging positions are equivalent to open orders in MT4

Rashid Umarov:

Read the references and articles. Hedging positions have long been equivalent to open orders in MT4

Do you have a link?

Alexey Viktorov:

In 4ka, is it possible to select OrderSelect by magic? You're so worried about different mages... In 5, you select a position and check its mage and symbol in the same way. No problem...

there is no concept of a position in 4. There are open orders, they are independent, and each order can have its own magik.

Rashid Umarov:

Read the references and articles. Long time ago hedge positions are equivalent to open orders in MT4

full description here?

https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/2299

В MetaTrader 5 добавлена хеджинговая система учета позиций
В MetaTrader 5 добавлена хеджинговая система учета позиций
  • www.mql5.com
Чтобы расширить возможности трейдеров ритейл-форекса, в платформу добавлена вторая система учета — хеджинг. Теперь по инструменту можно иметь множество позиций, в том числе — разнонаправленных. Это позволяет реализовывать торговые стратегии с так называемым локированием — если цена пошла против трейдера, он имеет возможность открыть позицию в противоположном направлении.

PapaYozh:

There is no concept of a position in quadruplets. There are open orders, they are independent, and each order can have its own majik.

You can call it a hedgehog, it will make no difference. If you look carefully, how do they differ? We have the open price, open time, take and stop and everything else that belongs to the order in 4.

We have adopted this terminology and that's it. You can get used to it and use it even in 4.