The great and terrible MT4 forever (or how to strategise a transition) - page 9

Oh, I missed that one... Well, I'll say it anyway.

Personally, it makes no difference to me. All my Expert Advisor classes and templates are transferable, and it makes absolutely no difference for me which terminal to work in. The tester is much better on MT5, and I test everything exclusively on MT5. But, I have all the really working modules on MT4, and my working accounts are all MT4 as well.

For me there is no difference between MT4 and MT5. The only thing I am somewhat afraid of is that MT4 accounts will be forcibly transferred to MT5 and quite a long trading history will disappear. But all in all, for me, MT4 or MT5 is all the same.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

Five is very fast (I mean server-side).

Modify/delete is almost always in milliseconds (sometimes tens). Market execution is almost always faster too.

In Quaternary, a figure of less than 150 ms seems cosmic, even if you're on a b-book.

I often have pending orders on the MT5 server executed on the next tick. But maybe it's the DC that's weird. Although I don't seem to have earned the a-buck yet)

Georgiy Merts:

For me there is no difference between MT4 and MT5.

It's a shame about CopyTicks...

I'm sure that almost no one here monitors the quality of execution of their orders. Such people are well discreetly mowed down.

What can I say. If you look at the signals, you can clearly see that they do not even bother to reduce the commission for themselves. That is, competence is very low when it comes to making profit.

fxsaber:

What can I say. If you look at the signals, you can see perfectly well that they don't even bother to reduce the commission for themselves. That is, competence is very low when it comes to making profits.

They do. They just don't reduce them directly )

secret:
I have pending orders on my MT5 server often execute on the next tick. But it may be that my brokerage company is acting weird. Although I haven't earned my a-buck yet).

Limit at the current price?

It was discussed, but I don't remember the results.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

Limit at the current price?

It was discussed, but I don't remember the results.

A hold put up in advance. The price touches it, but the execution happens later, at a worse price.

secret:
A putback that has been placed in advance. The price touches it, but the execution occurs later, at a worse price.

limited edition? mt5?

Andrei Trukhanovich:

limit? mt5?

Forex "brokers" don't have limits, they have pending orders that turn into market orders when the price touches them, as it has been since 4.
Yes, we are talking about MT5.
At a glance, the pending order is executed 10-30ms after the touch. If a new tick arrives before that, it will be on the new tick.

secret:
Forex "brokers" don't have limits, they have pending orders which when touched by the price turn into market orders, as has been the case since 4.
Yes, we are talking about MT5.

If the limit order is executing worse than the posted price, it's an unambiguous change of broker, nothing else.

on mt5 there were nuances with the standard implementation of the tp being executed as a market order and not as a limit, even on exchange accounts, but a limit is a limit.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

They do. They just don't reduce it directly )

In order to increase Signal's profitability, they need to reduce the commission. Account rebates from Signal are not seen by potential clients.

There was once the idea that very big commission + very big rebate is much better on B-book than small commission + small rebate.

The reason is that with a big commission a profitable TS can be set to have zero maturity. Correspondingly, all brokerage machines for profitable ones will not work - there is no profit with high turnover. However, all profits would be withdrawn through high rebate.

Looks like that shop has been shut down as well, as they do nasty things for everyone. Von above convinces that limiters in the form of a market are the norm. All sorts of forexfactors are completely bottom on analysis/understanding of order execution. In general, as always, the masses and not the experts rule.