The great and terrible MT4 forever (or how to strategise a transition) - page 2

Artyom Trishkin:

A must-read.

Do all these delights allow you to earn money?

PapaYozh:

Do all these delights allow you to earn money?

Yes.

PapaYozh:

Do all these delights allow you to make money?

Of course they do! The admin wrote that users buy products from the Market and professional programmers write software.

SZS: alternatively write articles

i can use them because they are compatible by 99%, but the platforms are different. mt5 is faster and better, which is logical.

If you have code on MT4, you may "pull" it to 5 and you only have to be willing to do it

The trading is different there and the way the orders are handled is different. Isn't it?

I have an excellent position processing library on 4, which I wrote 8 years ago, and now I took it out of the storeroom, dusted it off and sent it to work. And I'll have to rewrite it for five. In this case, the open position won't have any majicks, and, consequently, all the logic has to be changed.

Artyom Trishkin:

Yes.

Good for you.

Usually, increasing the complexity of language constructs after some limit leads to more errors in the code, and errors in the code are more likely to lead to losses.

PapaYozh:

The trading is different there and the way the orders are handled is different. Isn't it?

I have an excellent position processing library on 4 that I wrote 8 years ago, and now I took it out of the storeroom, dusted it off and sent it to work. And I'll have to rewrite it for five. In this case, an open position won't have mages and therefore the entire logic should be changed.

There is a mage for an open position. What do you mean?

All there, everything is literally simple and understandable, and at the same time, it is more intuitive with more control over your orders and positions.

Artyom Trishkin:

There's a magician in an open position. What do you mean?

It's all literally simple and straightforward, and at the same time more visual with more control over your orders and positions.

%-\

This is the mage of the last trade order.

It's the only one for the entire position, while in 4, the position is divided into subpositions using majicks.

PapaYozh:

Good for you.

Usually, increasing the complexity of language constructs after some limit leads to more errors in the code, and errors in the code more often lead to losses.

No, MT5 is much more realistic and closer to the market than MT4. It's not a complication, but a fuller consideration of real exchange conditions. MT4 is a simplified version.

PapaYozh:

%-\

This is the majik of the last trade order.

It is one for the whole position, whereas in 4, the position is divided into subpositions by means of majicks.

You're talking aboutNetting - accounts

while for MT5 Hadge - accounts where one symbol will have many positions, which works as a regular order system of MT4... If you know the difference between the order system and MetaTrader 5, it's possible to get a similar result in MT4.

ZFS: Use@fxsaber libraries and in 99% of cases you won't even rewrite code from 4, it will work directly in MT5 on Hadge-accounts

Alexandr Gavrilin:

mt5 will one day replace mt4, just like mt4 replaced the previous terminal, full stop :-)

I have already converted to mt5 completely, and I recommend all my clients to go straight to mt5 and transfer as far as possible EAs and indicators to this platform (if you have mt4 code), many popular indicators have long been transferred to mt5 and you can find them in the Market or on the internet.

(There is no substitute for a shovel). And in relation to MT4 shovel - MT5 is definitely a programmable AI excavator drone ) would be a pity to be without a shovel)_