From theory to practice. Part 2 - page 85

Uladzimir Izerski:

What's wrong with being an instrumentation physicist or a power engineer? No, they want free money in their empty pockets. They're after the grail. Funny guys.

Markets don't like the smart ones, markets like the lucky ones.)

I want to see the Grail very badly...

You have no idea how.

And it's not even about the money - I earn enough - it's about the Mystique and Mystery of the market. It's like a living organism, and it's closer not even to physics, but biology.

I love exploring the market, I get a kick out of it.

The plan is to study the manuscripts of blacksmiths in relation to the market.

Uladzimir Izerski:

What's wrong with being an instrumentation physicist or a power engineer? No, they want free money in their empty pockets. They're after the grail. Funny guys.

Markets don't like the smart ones, markets like the lucky ones.)

A strong mind is a good thing. It is bad when it works in a dead-end direction, thinking that there are fish in it and that any task is up to him. The strength of mind must first of all be used to choose the right direction of research, otherwise time and health will be wasted.

There's no time to do the maths, but blacksmiths are in the plans. That's all you need to know about this branch, fellow sufferers)

khorosh:

It is bad when he works in a dead-end direction, thinking that there are fish there and that any task is up to him.

So, in your view, the "back to the mean" model is a dead end? That there are no cycles in the market? I would not be so quick to assert this.

Alexander_K2:

You have no idea how.

And it's not even about the money - I earn enough - it's about Mystique and Market Mystery. It's like a living organism, and it's closer not even to physics, but biology.

The plan is to study the manuscripts of blacksmiths in relation to the marketplace.

Can't take that away. It's an interesting sandbox for the inquisitive mind.

Nah. My mother-in-law's the one with the mystique.)

khorosh:

A strong mind is a good thing. It is bad when it works in a dead-end direction, thinking that there are fish to fry and that any task is up to it. The strength of mind must first of all be used to choose the right research direction, otherwise time and health will be wasted.

That's my point exactly. What's the point of an accordion?

A physicist should have the rightdirection of research)))

He's a physicist!!!!!!!!

Yikes. Maybe he said the wrong thing.

Uladzimir Izerski:

There's no denying that. The sandbox here is an interesting one for the inquisitive mind.

Nah. The mystique is for my mother-in-law.)

Excuse me, Vova, how old is your mother-in-law? Mine's 80, and you're, like, older than me...

Although, if you're a Mage, you're out of age, for sure.

Alexander_K2:

You have no idea how.

And it's not even about money - I earn enough - it's about Mystique and Market Mystery. It's like a living organism, and it's closer not even to physics, but biology.

I plan to study the manuscripts of blacksmiths in relation to the market.

Then you need to study Pythagoreanism and Neo-Pythagoreanism. You could also study Neo-Platonism, a branch of Jamvlich. It is true that everything there is much more complicated than any mathematics, but it is the basis of all subsequent meaningful mysticism.

Alexander_K2:

Excuse me, Vova - how old is your mother-in-law? Mine is already 80, and you're, like, older than me...

Although, if you're a Mage, you're definitely out of age.

97 isn't old enough for her. She can still hit me with a stick if I get in her way.

Nah, but she respects me.

Uladzimir Izerski:

97 is not an old age for her. She can also hit me with a stick if I get in her way.

No, but she respects me.

Bravo!