Canvas vs Labels - page 5

Mihail Matkovskij:

If you have never seen braking when working with OBJ_BITMAP_LABEL, it is important to say where. If when working in the terminal, then yes. The delay is not significant. But if you take the work in the tester and also Model: All ticks or OHLC on M1, the constant passing of the m_pixels array using ResourceCreate is very noticeable. Pixel operations are generally considered the most costly in any program.

Well, the tester in MT5 is glitchy in general, even the usual indicator buffers are drawn there with a delay.
What does kanvas have to do with it?

Mihail Matkovskij:

You'd better make an example where a Canvas based display overtakes a Labels based display! Like, if you want to disprove my claims, then by the law of logic you have to prove the opposite. Will it work?...

it's simple, print 1000 or more objects on a chart and that's it, the chart glitches)

Taras Slobodyanik:

Well, the tester in MT5 is glitchy in general, even the usual indicator buffers are rendered with a delay.
What does this have to do with the canvas?

Because if you loop the text output commands in the terminal, you'll get the same situation. Terminal and visual tester's charts seem to be identical, because they work with the same chart objects... In any case, in the tester Kanvas can significantly slow down the application, this has already been proven!

Mihail Matkovskij:

You'd better make an example where a Canvas based display overtakes a Labels based display! Like, if you want to disprove my claims, then by the law of logic you have to prove the opposite. Will it work...?

I need it.

I already told you that if you are only interested in a tester with visuals, then play in this sandbox without me.

Mihail Matkovskij:

And that being said, if you loop the text output commands in the terminal, you get a similar situation. The terminal and visual tester charts seem to be identical, as they work with the same chart objects... In any case, in the tester Kanvas can significantly slow down the application, it's already proven!

i.e., the fact that ordinary indicators, in the MT5 tester, are drawn with a delay - proves that they are slow on ordinary charts too, right?)

Alexey Viktorov:

I need it.

I've already told you that if you're only interested in a tester with visuals, then play in this sandbox without me.

Then let's turn to logic once again. If you don't want to refute my statements, then, in fact, what are you judging by adding your posts to this thread...? Or is your main purpose, is it flooding, hitting ortrolling?!

Taras Slobodyanik:

So, the fact that ordinary indicators in the MT5 tester are drawn with a delay proves that they also slow down on ordinary charts, right?)

What ordinary indicators? Specify.

Taras Slobodyanik:

it's simple, print 1000 or more objects on a chart and that's it, the chart glitches)

Taras Slobodyanik:

i.e. the fact that conventional indicators, in the MT5 tester, are drawn with a delay - proves that they also slow down on conventional charts, right?)

А... I get it. You, like Alexey, like to poke fun : )

Why all this idle chatter?... Here's what I'll do. If it's a flooded post or I don't like it, I just don't reply to it!

Man, I haven't had time to do a proper test yet.
Once again, you are measuring the time it takes to fill the property table of the labels, not the time it takes to draw them. The actual redrawing of labels takes place outside the timestamp, even though ChartReDraw is inside the timestamp. The fact that labels are redrawn is extremely difficult to catch programmatically. You will need special tricks to bypass the asynchronous label output and most likely you will need to capture the screen and then view it 30 times slower.
The work of a delinquent is the output of a delinquent.
Don't mislead the public!