There are programmers who have written 1000 EAs each and haven't found a single grail yet. There is not a single grail for 1000 EAs? - page 3

igrok333:
Some programmers have written 1000 EAs, tested them,
and they haven't yet encountered a single gracious EA.

They haven't gone into trading, and they continue working as freelancers.

Does it mean that there is not even 1 good highly profitable Expert Advisor for every 1000 EAs?
How complex the profitable Expert Advisor is, and how much you need to consider. You can write a million Expert Advisors, but what's the use, if their complexity, thoroughness and theoretical model are not enough for stable profitability.
So it's not a question of quantity.

VVT:

How do you determine which TS will be profitable tomorrow?

Firstly, I do not determine it. I just see which TS already have some successful demo history, and my task is to select them, and then - "help in trade" to these TS. Unfortunately, my "help" itself is more intuitive.

Second, the question was "Are there programmers who have made a thousand Pinocchios? And I answered - here, I have exactly that.

igrok333:

well, they don't make money in the aggregate.
and EAs should make money!

How can "they in total" earn if I have a full set of different techniques, on average the same number of oppositely arranged TS ? It is clear that on average they will give "zero results minus the spread" !

Only individual TS are earning, and I see my task precisely in the inclusion of those TS that are now earning, and shutting down the TS that have stopped earning.

Vladimir Baskakov:
You're not a programmer, for one thing.

You, Sprout, are completely insane. You couldn't be more offensive.

My library includes several thousand files.

Vladimir Baskakov:
Show the people your pamm, let them laugh.

Why?

It's $300. Nothing to laugh about. Nothing to brag about either. However, it's more than a year old.

Georgiy Merts:

You, Sprout, are completely insane. You couldn't be more offensive.

My library includes several thousand files.

I'm not a sprat and I'm not crazy, you're not a programmer and you're not a trader.
Create any EA and post it on Codebase. I'm sure you can't.

Alexander_K:

Acknowledged.

I also knew a programmer who suddenly shouted (although no one asked him to): "I've found it!!! And all of you are pygmies!!! I suffered for 10 years, now it's your turn!!!" I never saw him on the forum again, though we had corresponded very actively in private before that.

Rumor has it he OD'd in his penthouse bedroom in Miami

he was in pain for 10 years, and now he's got a billion quid from his advisor.

it's hard to take that after all.)

Maxim Romanov:
How complicated a profitable trading robot is, and how much you have to take into account. You can write a million EAs, but what's the use if their complexity, elaboration and theoretical model are not enough for stable earnings.
So it's not about quantity.

You think so?

I already told you - my journey into algorithmic trading started with one "manual" trader, who developed a "unique" TS, which "cannot be programmed". The system showed profit on more than ten years of history. At the same time, the author insisted that the rules of the system were "very clear".

But if the rules are "clear" - then it is possible to program it. So he and I did it. And we succeeded.

But the resulting Expert Advisor worked only up to one month. Then it started to "hang in the balance", and after a couple of months - it has lost all its gains. That's when I thought - why bother developing systems for many years, and then cramming them into code, if they work exactly the same way as the simplest, "dumbest" systems.

Later, when I shared this idea on this forum, I was asserted that "the simplest EAs cannot earn money by principle", say, the TS on MAKS can not earn money under any parameters. I wanted to check this statement. The result was the League of Trading Systems. It proves that the simplest TS earn the same way as the most complex ones. And they fail in exactly the same way. The key to always be in the money is to switch between the TS constantly. And in order to switch you must always have a set of TS ready to work. That's what the League is for, and that's how I use it.

Лига Торговых Систем. Продолжаем работу.
Лига Торговых Систем. Продолжаем работу.
  • www.mql5.com
Всех приветствую. Если кто забыл - Лига Торговых Систем - это набор простых советников, которые постоянно торгуют на демо-счете...

Vladimir Baskakov:
I'm not a sprat and I'm not crazy, you're not a programmer and you're not a trader.
Create any EA and publish it on Codebase. I'm sure you can't.

Yes after all most EAs from the League - lies publicly available in Codebase ! I've said many times, the essence of every EA in the League is simple, long known.

And about "I'm not an octopus" - very funny. I don't remember who you are... And Vladimir, and Dasha, and Oprut... there are so many of you... and so few of me...

Georgiy Merts:

Most of the League's experts are publicly available on Codebase ! I've said many times, the essence of every TC in the League is simple, long known.

And about "I am not an octopus" - very funny. Here I don't remember who you are... And Vladimir, and Dasha, and Sprout... there are so many of you... and me so few...
I say can you do EA and publish in Codebase?