What RefreshRates() updates - page 11

Ihor Herasko:

The principle of data synchronization in MQL4 (where there is no official synchronization at all) and MQL5 is different. What identical constructs are we talking about?

We are talking about the cross-platform code. In my opinion, 9 out of 10 are writing such codes. Yes, I was not attentive to the section. But I think the information will be helpful.

Artyom Trishkin:

At least once every two minutes.

Is this set precisely? i.e. the terminal builds a time-series for another 2 minutes after being contacted and then "drops" it?

If the best the developers suggest is to jerk off the terminal at least once every 2 minutes, I'm speechless... It's kind of embarrassing.

No data, but you hang in there. Have a good one, everyone).

Mikhail Nazarenko:

If the best the developers suggest is to jerk off the terminal at least once every 2 minutes, I'm speechless... It's kind of embarrassing.

No data, but you hang in there. (All in good spirits.)

This is a consequence, created by your own environment.
There is no raw data available to the user.
And that's a sad thing.

Mikhail Nazarenko:

No data, but you hang in there. Have a good mood everyone))

Do better )

It's the eternal struggle of "economy of resources Vs ease of implementation". It would be possible to keep any requested time-series up-to-date until the terminal closes. But if a user (or an Expert Advisor) clicks several hundreds of such time-series, the terminal will start to slow down and we will have some questions.

But here we have a kind of heart-beat. We ping the necessary data to show that we are interested in them. Normal practice

Mikhail Nazarenko:

No data, but you hang in there. (All in good spirits.)

Did you know that Windows also "sleeps" inactive processes?

have you written a complaint to microsoft yet?
or are you "jerking off" every window?)

Roman:

This is a consequence of having created its own environment.
Raw data is not available to the user.
And that is unfortunate.

There are services.

Take it and write a service, keeping all time-series up-to-date (or even download quotes from anywhere and maintain your own database). You will get the raw data.

And the terminal must be fast for a million users who look at one chart, and only a few geeks-algotraders must give some non-native time-series.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

There are services.

Go out and write a service that keeps all the time-series up-to-date (or even download quotes from anywhere and maintain your own database). You will get the raw data.

And the terminal has to be fast for a million users who look at a single chart, and only a few geeks-algotraders have to give some non-native time-series.

Andrei, that's how MKL4 is being discussed, if I'm not confused. As for the services in MKL5, not everything is so rosy there either. In particular, I wrote about a bug.

Новая версия платформы MetaTrader 5 build 2755: Улучшения в окне котировок и отладчике
Новая версия платформы MetaTrader 5 build 2755: Улучшения в окне котировок и отладчике
  • www.mql5.com
В пятницу 15 января 2021 года будет выпущена обновленная версия платформы MetaTrader 5...

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

There are services.
Go out and write a service that keeps all the time-series up-to-date(or even download quotes from anywhere and maintain your own database). You will get the raw data.
And the terminal must be fast for a million users who look at one chart, and it must give only a few non-native time-series to a few geeks-algotraders.

That's what I do, directly in EA.
That's why there are not enough asynchronous methods in mql for a complete implementation.

Denis Kirichenko:

Andrei, that's what MKL4 is about, if I'm not mistaken. As for the services in MKL5, not everything is so rosy there either. In particular, I wrote about a bug.

It doesn't matter, it could be an EA. The point is that there are opportunities to implement updates and the terminal behaves correctly (sparingly) by default.