What RefreshRates() updates - page 10

The cache is simply kept up to date only if the data is needed (requested from an EA or there is an open chart)

Aleksey Mavrin:

What's kizyak? A Buryat folk dish?)

Why make up a cache of two minutes. It's simple - if you need to access the tf every 5 minutes, two minutes is enough. If every minute, then 20-30 seconds, etc.

No. If every minute, then you don't need additional reference to the timeseries - it's up to date as it is.

Roman:

Have you ever wondered why data needs to be accessed at a certain frequency?

Renat has often mentioned that data is cached before it is given to the user.
That is, as I understand it, when calling any function for data, we are requesting the stored data from the cache, not from the server.

Roman, the topic keeps talking about time-series, aren't they the cache? You can draw them on the chart, you can give them to the Expert Advisor on request. Different words mean the same thing.

Artyom Trishkin:

No. If it's every minute, there's no need to refer to the timesheets additionally - they're up to date as it is.

Yes, you're right, that was exaggerated. Haven't tried it, but I think even if the timeseries (not open) is accessed every 3-5 minutes, it will still be up to date.

Aleksey Mavrin:

Yes, you're right, that was exaggerated. Haven't tried it, but I think even if a minute (not open) is accessed every 3-5 minutes, it will still be updated.

At least once every two minutes. Once every 3-5 minutes is less frequent. I usually set the timeseries to be accessed after 90 seconds. You can use any function that calls the synchronization process. But we should always remember - in indicators we should not request synchronization from the timeseries, which coincides with the current chart symbol and its period - it can lead to a clincher. It's written in the help. It means that only "non-native" symbols/periods should be kept in the indicators up to date by addressing them through the functions that call the synchronization process. iTime() for example.

Artyom Trishkin:

But you should always remember - in indicators you cannot request synchronization from the timeseries, which coincides with the current chart symbol and its period - it can lead to a wedge. It's written in the help.

Specify what do you mean by synchronization? In MQL4, synchronization is possible only by accessing i-functions. Based on what you've said, it turns out that it cannot be used:

iTime(NULL, PERIOD_CURRENT, 1)

But such a reference is used all the time.

Ihor Herasko:

What do you mean by synchronization? In MQL4, synchronization is possible only by accessing i-functions. Based on what you've said, it turns out that it cannot be used:

But this kind of treatment is used all the time.

I'm talking about mql5 and only about indicators. In the indicators of mql5, for the current symbol/period of the chart there is ready-made data in OnCalculate() - you know it. For the other symbols/periods - receiving data through functions. And it works crossplatform. I don't know about the cleavage in mql4 - I probably haven't opened the quadruple. But identical constructs work the same way in mql5 and mql4. Therefore, one can use recommendations for mql5 and for quadruple without "consequences".

Artyom Trishkin:

I am talking about mql5

A topic in the MQL4 forum

Ihor Herasko:

Topic in MQL4 forum

Artyom Trishkin:

I am talking about mql5 and only about indicators. For indicators in mql5, for the current symbol/period of a chart there is the ready data in OnCalculate() - you know it yourself. For the other symbols/periods - receiving data through functions. And it works crossplatform. I don't know about the clearing in mql4 - I probably haven't opened the quadruple. But identical constructs work the same way in mql5 and mql4. Therefore, one can use recommendations for mql5 and for quadruple without "consequences".

Alexey Viktorov:

The principle of data synchronization in MQL4 (where there is no official synchronization at all) and MQL5 is different. What are the same constructs we are talking about?