Who still believes that the forex market is submitted to technical analysis? - page 24

apr73:

It reminds me of the Washington Experiment.

Tired violin, though one grows old with pain and fear.
Tired, the violinist sipped wine, only bitterness on his lips.
And went away without saying goodbye, forgetting his silent case,
As if the old man was drunk today.

And the tune remains in the wind,
In the midst of human noise, barely perceptible.
Of unhappy and happy, of good and evil,
Of fierce hatred and holy love.

Should have played a $32 fiddle, but somewhere else.

"Not all that glitters is gold."

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Should have played the $32 fiddle, but elsewhere

"Not all that glitters is gold."

Lucky he didn't lose his violin... you can consider it a success and trending in his favor.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

Lucky he didn't lose his violin... we can consider the trend to be in his favour

Well, that's predictable. It doesn't have a price tag on it. And when handbags are bought for $10,000 there's no price tag on it either, so it looks exactly the same as for $50. The same goes for 95% of the clothes, from shoes to panties.

Sometimes I watch TV programs when they take out from a wardrobe a chintz dress which looks like USSR times and they say that they bought it somewhere in France for $2500. It's funny, really.

khorosh:

If you throw a moving average onto the tick chart, you get a filtered continuous chart.

No, it won't, because not every tick is real and you have to filter out the fake ticks first.

Giorgio5:

About quotational noise - how can you tell if a particular movement is not true? With ishimoku? How does price take everything into account? Whatever it is with highs and lows, but this is a deal and the candle, which is supposed to be false, in itself, affects the indicators which are analyzed, i.e. it has considered something and formed the indicator accordingly and this fact cannot be rejected.

It is possible that the division of the chart into timeframes were invented by G. Livermore. And somehow this division was used by him in his analysis. Time in Forex is as important as the price for tehanalysis, but how to use it?

What is the principle of filtering true quotes from fake ones - think about it. Price does not account for everything, as the price itself can be fictitious. Indicators built on partly fictitious data will lead to a drain, so you have to filter the price before you build it. But to break something into pieces and then try to analyze it by imagining what it would be like if it were whole is delusional. All processes in nature have a continuous nature. OK, I'll put it in a different language..... more understandable to some here...

The subject of technical analysis is constantly changing market quotes, which are available to us in discrete form as samples with variable sampling frequency (ticks) and samples with fixed sampling frequency (timeframes). In this case the spectrum of basic quotes lies in the range from 0 Hz to 1 Hz.

If in MT the period of the M1 timeframe is 1 minute, the initial signal of quotes when forming the sequence of samples will be sampled at 1/60 Hz. This frequency is 120 times lower than double value of the upper limit of the spectrum of the initial signal (2 Hz). Such a transformation of the signal will certainly lead to an irreversible distortion of the signal.

It turns out that using different indicators and systems working with timeframes we analyze quotes using their distorted representation. In this case technical analysis becomes much more complicated and the use of strict mathematical methods often loses its meaning.

For example, the spectrum of any timeframe sequence obtained using the discrete Fourier transform will not be the initial quotes spectrum estimation. It will be the spectrum of initial quotes, applied to itself several times with some frequency shift. Multiple superposition of a spectrum can also lead to formation of a fractal structure in the resulting sequence.

Conclusion: it is much more important to engage in filtering than in averaging of a dirty quote spectrum. In other words, moving averages are error superimposed on error. Filters, not moving averages and averaging indices based on them.

Рынок - новости, аналитика, прогнозы по рынкам - Блоги трейдеров и аналитика финансовых рынков
Рынок - новости, аналитика, прогнозы по рынкам - Блоги трейдеров и аналитика финансовых рынков
  • www.mql5.com
Рынок — это место, где обычно происходит обмен товара на деньги или товара на товар. Если доступ на рынок свободный, то производители и потребители проводят обмен в условиях конкуренции. Существует

alexanderarieaa:

What is the principle of filtering true quotes from fake ones - I suggest you think about it yourself, there are many ways. Price does not take everything into account, as the price itself can be fictitious. Indicators built on partly fictitious data will lead to plum, so you need to filter the price before you build it. But to break something into pieces and then try to analyze it by imagining what it would be like if it were whole is delusional. All processes in nature have a continuous nature. OK, I'll put it in a different language..... more understandable to some here...

The subject of technical analysis is constantly changing market quotes, which are available to us in discrete form as samples with variable sampling frequency (ticks) and samples with fixed sampling frequency (timeframes). In this case the spectrum of basic quotes lies in the range from 0 Hz to 1 Hz.

If in MT the period of the M1 timeframe is 1 minute, the initial signal of quotes when forming the sequence of samples will be sampled at 1/60 Hz. This frequency is 120 times lower than double value of the upper limit of the spectrum of the initial signal (2 Hz). Such a transformation of the signal will certainly lead to an irreversible distortion of the signal.

It turns out that using different indicators and systems working with timeframes we analyze quotes using their distorted representation. In this case technical analysis becomes much more complicated and the use of strict mathematical methods often loses its meaning.

For example, the spectrum of any timeframe sequence obtained using the discrete Fourier transform will not be the initial quotes spectrum estimation. It will be the spectrum of initial quotes, applied to itself several times with some frequency shift. Multiple superposition of the spectrum can also lead to the formation of a fractal structure in the resulting sequence.

It's a misconception; quotes come with ticks and ticks with a frequency of up to 20 ticks per second depending on the provider, yes there is a distortion but not as much as you think)

Hi, maybe you can see the 'red' shift in the spectrum through the eyes of a wavemaker, then for a carpusculist the timeframe is a way of seeing a bit more in a private one. No distortion conspiracy :)

VVT:

Misconception; quotes come with ticks and ticks with a frequency of up to 20 ticks per second depending on the provider, yes there is a distortion but not as much as you think)

You don't understand what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about different ISPs passing more or less ticks. I was trying to explain that no matter at what frequency the ticks come in, a split tick array when analysed by mathematical methods leads to strong distortions. I mean that this chart cannot be analyzed mathematically at all. The subject is about technical analysis, which implies, above all, mathematical analysis, which, I argue, does not work with a timeframe decimated chart. For it to work, you need to filter out the distortions on the bars or candlesticks, obtained from the division of a continuous stream of quotes, and get a true, uninterrupted price line. Then there will be a miracle - it will be easy to see the behaviour of price, you can apply the theory of inertial movement to predict the future value of price. Anyway...... what am I going to tease you here? Whoever thinks about it will become a millionaire and whoever argues first and thinks later will remain a trader.

alexanderarieaa:
You don't understand what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about different providers passing more or less ticks. I was trying to explain that no matter at what frequency the ticks come in, a split tick array when analyzed by mathematical methods leads to strong distortions. I mean that this chart cannot be analyzed mathematically at all. The subject is about technical analysis, which implies, above all, mathematical analysis, which, I argue, does not work in a timeframe decimated chart. For it to work, you need to filter out the distortions on the bars or candlesticks, obtained from the division of a continuous stream of quotes, and get a true, uninterrupted price line. Then there will be a miracle - it will be easy to see the behaviour of price, you can apply the theory of inertial movement to predict the future value of price. Anyway...... what am I going to tease you here? Whoever thinks about it will become a millionaire and whoever argues first and thinks later will remain a trader.

THERE IS NO SINGLE SOURCE OF TICKS.

there is nothing to filter :-)