Self-learning the MQL5 language from scratch - page 37

MrBrooklin:

Great, let's do that! But you have already intrigued me a lot with the script. Anyway, I'll try to make this script up to speed.

I`ll be gone for a couple of hours, because I need to relax and watch football.

Regards, Vladimir.

OK, but then I'll join you tomorrow.

Sergey Kovalev's MQL5 Tutorial contains information about trailing stops in the script:

I have read Modification of pending orders subsection and realized that I am as far away from trailing stop as Peking. I will return to studying the material on writing functions for "Enough_time" and "Enough_patience" for now.

Regards, Vladimir.

MrBrooklin:

I have read Modification of pending orders subsection and realized that I am as far away from trailing stop as Peking. I will return to studying the material on writing functions for "Enough_time" and "Enough_patience" for now.

Regards, Vladimir.

Order modification is a function and trailing is a method of applying the modification function. Trailing is pulling/pulling which means you are pulling/pulling the order at the current price and modifying it. Don't be distracted by nonsense, "enough_time" and "enough_patience" are not infinite )

MrBrooklin:

The MQL5 Tutorial by Sergey Kovalev contains information about trailing stops in the script:

Sincerely, Vladimir.

read it carefully after the code... :-)

"

return;                                      // Выход из start()
  }
//-------------------------------------------------------------- 10 --

The program presented as an example is an expert."

Roman Shiredchenko:

read more carefully after the code... :-)

"

The program presented for example is an expert."

These are comments from 2010. Previously, start worked in both script and Expert Advisor. In general, even now start works from both folders. Now it does. OnStart only in the script from the folder scripts is loaded, from the folder EA does not want)

MrBrooklin:

Sincerely, Vladimir.

It seems so) The main thing is regularity in this business)))) And if you get into it, you can run)))) It is possible even with non-critical gaps in full understanding)))) But it's better to get it right to the end)

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

It seems so) The main thing is regularity in this business)))) And if you get into it, you can run)))) You can even run with non-critical blanks in the full sense of the word)))) But it's better to get to the end)

Hello Valery! Thanks for the support. Just realised that I need to slow down a bit in order to realise and consolidate the material I've already gone through in self-study. Frankly speaking, I already feel a stupor coming on from the overabundance of information.

Regards, Vladimir.

Roman Shiredchenko:

read more carefully after the code... :-)

"

The program presented for example is an expert."

Hello Roman! In his tutorial, Sergey Kovalev calls this program both an expert and a script. Valery has already explained why.

Sincerely, Vladimir.

MrBrooklin:

Hello Valery! Thanks for the encouragement. Just realised that I need to slow down a bit in order to realise and consolidate the material I've already gone through in self-study. Frankly speaking, I already feel a stupor coming on from the overabundance of information.

Sincerely, Vladimir.

Then just play with the material you've learned. You should rewrite examples from tutorial in MKL5). I hope you use "Create" button in MetaEditor while creating Expert Advisor or script from tutorial and not just copy examples from tutorial. New templates with the right features, not outdated ones. The old ones work in 4ka too, but that's not the right style)