Is underperformance the main reason for forex losses? - page 5

Didn't make a profit today.

Well, let's just say I wouldn't have taken 408, as the bottom was at night when I was asleep, but I could have taken 300 pips in the morning.

webgopnik:

Well, let's just say I wouldn't have taken 408 as the bottom was at night when I was asleep, but I could have taken 300 pips in the morning.

There are no pips in gold, the price change is quoted in dollars.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

There are no pips on gold, price changes are quoted in dollars.

1 dollar is 10 pips

webgopnik:

1 dollar is 10 pips

If anything, 1 dollar is 100 cents. Why make it up as you go along?

P.S. Might come in handy: 1 ruble = 100 kopecks.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

If anything, a dollar is 100 cents. Why make it up as you go along?

P.S. Might come in handy: 1 ruble = 100 cents.
you are delusional, 1 dollar change in the price of gold is 10 pips. Remember this.

webgopnik:
you are delusional, 1 dollar change in the price of gold is 10 pips. Remember this.

the comma is followed by two digits))) so the change in the price of gold by 1 dollar is 100 pips (pips))))

webgopnik:
When a trader fails to take profit on a trade, he will eventually lose, because losses begin to outweigh profits.

I can't even understand the meaning of "missed profit"))))) I can only understand the missed opportunity if you missed a TS signal)))

webgopnik:

Well, let's just say I wouldn't have taken 408 because I bottomed at night when I was asleep, but I could have taken 300 pips in the morning.

What makes you think it's your profit? IMHO, it's not yours, because you've already taken all of yours.

Iaroslav Chornyi:

I can't even understand the meaning of the term "missed profit"))) I can understand a missed opportunity if you missed a TP signal)))

I closed by the rules or because the price itches to go back to the right side of the "gaping heights" (c) Uliss :))) Many people in such situations bite their elbows and blame themselves for hurrying to close the position so early, otherwise they would have earned a lot if they had waited a bit :)))) So they believe they "did not earn enough" and optimize or rewrite their trading robot for the hundredth time. Sometimes justified, if the release rules are crude - sometimes not - they just want to take a bigger profit, but it is not technically possible, no matter how you slice it. What can you do? You just wait and see how lucky you are :)))

Sergey Lazarenko:

What makes you think it's your profit? IMHO, it's not yours, because you've already taken what's yours

because I should have taken that profit ideally.