What is the difference between a Successful Trader and an average Trader? - page 2

What is the difference between a successful janitor and an average janitor?

Vitaliy Maznev:

In general, the concept of "success" is purely an impression. Success is defined by someone through a purely subjective impression. And someone can see the same person in completely different ways. If you mean success, it is not an absolute parameter. And in order to really distinguish someone by clear, specific and real parameters, then you can talk about experience, the ability to do something better than anyone else, the accumulated knowledge. But not about success. And all these parameters do not necessarily predetermine success in anything.

You yourself define success on the basis of your views. Then the question will be more correct.

Everything is clear with you: "success itself is a very slippery and short-term notion" ...

For you, success is winning the lottery...

But most traders see it differently, otherwise they would never have ventured into the BUSINESS...

Grozir:
What is the difference between a successful janitor and an average janitor?

Social conditions. Including the location in which he occupies the position. Other janitors would be the envy of successful traders. :)

Serqey Nikitin:

It is clear to you: "success itself is a very slippery and short-term concept"...

For you, success is winning the lottery...

But most traders see it differently, otherwise they would never get into this BUSINESS...

You have just defined for me what success means for me, but you haven't expressed your opinion about it. It gives the impression that you didn't even pose the question in order to answer it, but to emphasize your own need to look successful among the average. In which case, again, the answer above is SOMETHING :)

Igor Makanu:

This thread is heavily moderated.

is he related to someone or is he just sleeping around?

I don't really care, but it's not serious to see new opuses about the same thing by the same user on the main page of the forum with enviable regularity

If you do not mind, move the topic to the bottom of the forum, let it be in MQL4, so to speak - the old topic of the main thing, will be near the old terminal

It doesn't take much intelligence to criticize the forum administration...

But, humanly speaking, don't you wonder - why some traders have stable profits, and other traders, even with more than 10 years of experience, can't get such results ...?

Igor Makanu:

purely as a human being I ask you to keep one topic with your results/advice/wishes/seeking for like-minded people.... And watching every couple of months your new thread on the same topic I do not like, I agree that to my "do not like" may be the opposite opinion

I've never understood people who try to take their negative feelings towards a colleague out in the open... apart from open attacks, protection is sacred...

After all, most traders are interested in the topic, as understanding the problem provides the opportunity for rapid professional growth ...

Serqey Nikitin:

So what about your own perspective on this question? What is the difference between successful and average?

Igor Makanu:

OK, write, I will read, and the TIC of this resource is large, your thoughts will be available to the whole runet ;)

It seems that Yandex gave up this parameter several years ago.

Igor Makanu:

No negativity, but there is discomfort from seeing another topic without content on the main page

OK, write, I'll read, and the TIC of this resource is large, your thoughts will be available to the entire runet ;)

You are VERY careless!...

The topic is a question that can be answered by any trader, not just calculate the "TIC of the resource" ...

Serqey Nikitin:
The "profit" parameter is not worth discussing in this issue, as it is just a CONCLUSION of the major differences...

Investigation is inseparable from cause.

And it is by consequence that success is judged.

The reason according to you is that a successful trader learned from a successful teacher.

Just write it in the title post. That's all.

Why all the polling and discussion games?