I really want to learn MQL5 Where do I start ? - page 2

You take the official reference and start from the beginning. Read it, try it, realise you don't understand it - read it again. That's enough to get used to it. If you have not mastered, then do not suffer - it is not yours (well, not everyone is given, I, for example, a curtain rod has never directly secured). IMHO, the worst, to enter - this forum and parsing someone else's code.

Evgeniy Zhdan:

Maybe you should start with BASIC and gradually get to MQL5 via Pascal, Assembler, C+, C# and only then try to write Hello world with output on the chart in the comment.

You could advise something clever to a person, rather than to please a contact audience.

SeriousRacoon:
You should have given the man some smart advice, rather than trying to appeal to a contact audience.

Didn't I advise you?

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/339456#comment_16192966

Очень хочу изучить язык MQL5 С чего начать ?
Очень хочу изучить язык MQL5 С чего начать ?
  • www.mql5.com
Всем привет. Хочу изучить язык MQL5 / Ребят помогите с чего начать ? может есть какие учебники видео...

Maxim Kuznetsov:

I partly support this opinion.

Even more, you may use just "C with classes and without STL", easy to understand, from about 90s, corresponds to MQL.
Modern C++ is more about meta-programming and generalizations.

This is at the level of free lectures a la intuit.ru; if programming is your thing, you can even get a crust and get a profession

Yes, exactly. The old classics, better even without templating to start with.

I myself learned a long time ago, even from a book for Borland 4.5 )))) then I crawled to the cheesecake and mfc by myself. Now it is unlikely, which book I can suggest.

Alexey Viktorov:

Wouldn't you rather start with Aglitsky? I don't know aglitsk or C++ and I don't suffer... Freelance customers say that I am not bad at programming in mql5.

Who doesn't say what they say in freelancing.

Foreign languages in general are useful, they say they save you from early Alzheimer's.

Evgeniy Zhdan:

Didn't I advise you?

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/339456#comment_16192966

This is a "how to make a hut out of shit and sticks" guide. The man wants to learn a programming language.

SeriousRacoon:
This is a "how to make a hut out of shit and sticks" manual. A man wants to learn a programming language.

Why? To study for the sake of studying? Or do you need results?

In order to write EAs, you need to start writing EAs right away. But who am I to tell...

Evgeniy Zhdan:

Why? To study for the sake of studying? Or do you need results?

In order to write EAs, you need to start writing EAs right away. But who am I to tell...

In order to write EAs that will work and that can be modified in a year's time without "I wrote something here then".

SeriousRacoon:

Who says what they don't say in freelancing?

Foreign languages in general are useful, they are said to save you from early Alzheimer's.

And until what age is it considered early? Something tells me I can only have a late one.

Alexey Viktorov:

Wouldn't you rather start with Aglitsky? I don't know aglitsk or C++ and I don't suffer... Freelance customers tell me I'm not bad at programming in mql5.

Where did you start? I don't know English or programming in principle either. Do I have to start writing right away or do I have to read something? How did you do?