Some signs of the right TCs - page 14

fxsaber:

Imagine you have been given an impersonal price range and nothing else. There should be no obstacles to optimise your TS on such a series.

Any TS that needs pips, lots, margin requirements, swaps and other nonsense to assess its robustness on such a symbol is a flawed TS.

fxsaber:

@TheXpert purposely put the word "correct" in quotes. When I created the thread, I could not foresee that the word would cause so many comments completely off-topic. It is a case where the power of the word has not played in a positive direction. I can't rename it. I can't think of another name either.

"the benchmark, the exemplary, etc.

Whatever you call it, you can't avoid grumbling. :))

Nikolai Semko:
If your TS needs the whole story to work, I have bad news for you.

TheXpert:
If your TC needs the whole story to work, I have bad news for you.

If your TS doesn't need all the history to work, I have bad news for you.

But the impact of history fades exponentially depending on its depth. That's true.

That's why I use a logarithmic representation of history.

I.e. if I use 20 years of history, then the closest weekly story is 80% the size of the whole story.

ZS It's a good analogy with gravity. Did you know that the trajectory of our planet is very much influenced by the gravity of the neighbouring Galaxy, the Andromeda Nebula, to which light travels 2.5 million years?

numbers, numbers, numbers:

The Earth revolves around the Sun at ~30km/sec.

The Sun revolves around the centre of our galaxy at ~ 230 km/sec.

Our Milky Way Galaxy and the Andromeda Nebula galaxy are hurtling towards each other at ~300 km/sec.

ZSU continuation... That's not all

Our galaxy and its neighbouring galaxies are moving towards the M83 galaxy at a speed of ~ 500 km/sec.

In total our galaxy is moving through the Universe at a speed of about 1000 km/sec.

Nikolai Semko:

If your TS doesn't need all the history to work, I have bad news for you.

But the impact of history fades exponentially depending on its depth. That's true.

That's why I use a logarithmic representation of history.

I.e. if I use 20 years of history, then the nearest weekly story is 80% the size of the whole story.

ZS Nice anology with gravity. Did you know that the trajectory of our planet is influenced not so little by the neighbouring galaxy "Andromeda Nebula", to which light travels 2.5 million years?

I think we are approaching the "Andromeda Nebula" It has a temperature of "UHTS". And there isa serious heat wave approaching ourplanetEarth.

It will make the markets start to melt.

No one has ever disproved that theory.

Uladzimir Izerski:

I think we are approaching the "Andromeda Nebula" It has a "UHT" temperature. And there isa serious heat wave approaching ourplanetEarth.

It will make the markets start to melt.

This theory has yet to be disproved.

hold your position until the galaxies collide !

Maxim Kuznetsov:

hold the position until the galaxies collide!

Don't worry, we won't even notice the collision, if we even live to see it. Just more stars in the sky.

Nikolai Semko:

If your TS doesn't need the whole story to work, I have bad news for you.

Offtopic, of course. I have enough history from the next 24 hours to keep the TC in the same state as it was before it was turned off. Well that's just the way my TC is. There are probably more complicated options.

TheXpert:
it is not an extreme ) it is Occam's razor, for a certain class of vehicle

Good point, I would add that for other TC classes it may on the contrary be an unnecessary additional entity.

fxsaber:

Offtopic, of course. I have enough history for the next 24 hours to be in the same state as before it was switched off. Well, that's my TC. There are probably more complicated options.

It can be quite a profitable trading system even on the last three minute bars.
I'm talking about the maximum efficiency TS, when all the cream is taken from the milk.