Some signs of the right TCs - page 20

fxsaber:

Cheap and easy relative change calculations due to the properties of the logarithmic function.

On a logarithmic ruler we did the opposite) Of course multiplication and division will behave the same, but addition and subtraction will not under the proposed symbol conversions. The thought is correct, it gives hope that on any number series TC will behave more equally than with addition and subtraction, no additional conversions are needed. But multiplication/division is harder to grasp, even the concept of a relative price change first appears as an absolute one, at least to me.

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

Multiplication/division is harder to perceive

Medical masks have increased in price by a factor of 10. Consequently, the profit has increased by the same amount. It does not matter how much the mask cost in absolute terms to make this calculation.

It is an example of an analysis of the relative price change. This is exactly what a mathematically correct TS does.

SZY I recommend to run the suggested EA. The reports demonstrate the invariance very well.

saber can tell you're a foreigner)

fxsaber:

The reports demonstrate invariance very well.

Obviously, the invariance of this EA follows from the fact that the indicator (EMA kind of) "flips" together with the price and the buy changes with the sell automatically.

If we take a "buy and hold" system (at specified points in time we open by buying and close by selling) and run it on an "inverted" symbol, there should be no invariance. Does this mean that this system is "wrong"?

Aleksey Nikolayev:

If you take a "buy and hold" system (opening by buying and closing by selling at points in time specified in the parameters) and run it on an "inverted" symbol, there should be no invariance.

There will be.

fxsaber:

Medical masks have increased in price by a factor of 10. Consequently, the profit has increased by the same amount. It does not matter how much the mask cost in absolute terms to make this calculation.

It is an example of an analysis of the relative price change. This is exactly what a mathematically correct TS does.

SZY I recommend to run the suggested EA. The reports demonstrate the invariance very well.

For some people the logarithmic rule is not given, but it does not mean that they do not earn much... ) The invariance of the TS without starting and using formulas is visible. Everything that could be added up has been replaced by multiplication. But I believe, even if we perform logarithm of ticks and calculate the profit by multiplication, the order placement by time will be invariant only if the order direction is mathematically correct.

fxsaber:

It will.

What is meant is that we also "buy and hold" the "inverted" symbol, rather than changing the EA and "sell and hold". If the initial symbol has an uptrend and its profit is positive, the inverted symbol will have a downtrend and its profit will be negative. Isn't that right?

Aleksey Nikolayev:

What is meant is that we also "buy and hold" the "inverted" symbol, instead of changing the EA and "sell and hold". If the initial symbol has a rising trend and profit was positive, then the inverted symbol will have a falling trend and profit will be negative. Isn't it so?

So you don't analyze the symbol at all when you decide to buy and hold? Then it is pure luck, not a trading system.

DARYIA SHAPOLOVA:
People who really make money in the market, not people who spend their whole lives putting out theories, they don't give a damn about it.

As soon as you get rid of that thought, you'll be a newcomer in no time

fxsaber:

So you don't analyse the symbol at all when you decide to buy and hold?

I'm talking about stocks, indices, etf and the like. there can be different buy and sell strategies there.

And the principle of flipping the symbol doesn't work there (if strictly it doesn't work in general for any instrument).