Looking for patterns - page 39

RomFil:

... Indicator attached, can be used via iCustom.

Regards, RomFil.

I don't see where it is.

Boris Gulikov:

Pair trading is not new. And you can find thousands of posts on it in the red forum, even earlier than 2012, 2009-2010, if I'm not mistaken. And it doesn't matter if we trade both majors or crosses. There are a lot of indicators on pair trading. And there are a lot of Expert Advisors. But there's no successful long-term use. I personally lost several thousand dollars using the strategy described to you five years ago. And I don't even want to go back to it. If you want to step on the same rake, you can continue your research. Although, you won't be able to invent anything new. So many bright minds have beaten on this strategy that it is impossible to count...

What I am proposing is nothing more than an idea that needs to be tested. According to a preliminary subjective assessment, it is a fairly promising idea.

The "people" have pledged that they will try it out and report back. We can only trust. If they won't test it, well, don't bother. The cornucopia of ideas will be covered ... :):):)

khorosh:

I don't see where it is.

Sorry, I forgot to attach it. Here's the fix... :)

In terms of parameters:

1) depth of analysis

2) the base pair.

I will use the index on the pound, the EUR is a reference pair. It is possible to take any other pair with USD in the denominator.

P.S. Will run until 01.03.2020 :):):):)

Boris Gulikov:

Pair trading is not new. And you can find thousands of posts on it on the red forum even earlier than 2012, 2009-2010, if I am not mistaken. And it doesn't matter if we trade both majors or crosses. There are a lot of indicators on pair trading. And there are a lot of Expert Advisors. But there's no successful long-term use. I personally lost several thousand dollars using the strategy described by you five years ago. And I don't even want to go back to it. If you want to step on the same rake, you can continue your research. Although, there's nothing new to invent. So many bright minds have beaten on this strategy that it is impossible to count...

Poincaré's hypothesis was also the subject of many bright minds, until it was proved by Perelman).

khorosh:

Poincaré's hypothesis was also the subject of many bright minds, until it was proved by Perelman).

Exactly. I like that approach! This is strategic thinking! The main thing in all this is one strategy (goal) and tactics (how to achieve the goal) may be different and not the fact that most of them will be right and correct. It is like a 4th or 5th grade problem in today's school - I cannot help children solve it because I have a few dozen solutions and they are all correct, but I cannot use them. And there are times when I can't solve it, and a child can solve it. :)

RomFil:

That's right. I like that approach! That's strategic thinking right there! The main thing in all this is one strategy (goal), and the tactics (how to achieve the goal) can be different and not the fact that most of them will be right and correct. It is like a 4th or 5th grade problem in today's school - I cannot help children solve it because I have a few dozen solutions and they are all correct, but I cannot use them. And there are times when I can't solve it, and a child can solve it. :)

Have you learned how to calculate the ratio of lots?

Boris Gulikov:

Pair trading is not new. And you can find thousands of posts on it in the red forum, even earlier than 2012, 2009-2010, if I'm not mistaken. And it doesn't matter if we trade both majors or crosses. There are a lot of indicators on pair trading. And there are a lot of Expert Advisors. But there's no successful long-term use. I personally lost several thousand dollars using the strategy described to you five years ago. And I don't even want to go back to it. If you want to step on the same rake, you can continue your research. Although, you won't be able to invent anything new. So many bright minds have beaten on this strategy that it is impossible to count...

There are a lot of nuances to the pairing, so to trade it, you need to take some time and understand how it works. The axe method is not suitable here.

khorosh:

Have you learned how to calculate the lot ratio?

Yes. I even increased the deposit by 500% in three days. Then I lost everything, though, having mixed up the lots between the pairs, but there is definitely potential in this approach. I have no time to check it myself - I am finishing another project.

Wow. People are pulling up... :) Not ordinary people... :) I'm going to get the vibe going... :)

100500 pages and then it's over... :)

RomFil:

Yes. I even increased the deposit by 500% in three days. Then I lost everything, though, having mixed up the lots between the pairs, but there is definitely potential in the approach. I have no time to check it myself - I am finishing another project.

I also made 2 scripts (2 variants for lot calculation).