Looking for patterns - page 272

khorosh:

Since you don't understand, let me put it another way. It does not catch trend reversals on W1. It catches reversals (or corrections)within weekly trends.

Do you understand the difference between a daily trend and an intraday trend? If you do, then you should understand the difference between a weekly trend and an intra-weeklytrend.

Of course I do, then you should be more specific, an intra-weekly trend... If on D1 it is necessary to search something there, and if on H1 (he showed charts from there), then this is called the intraday, intraday is hours, and intra-week is days, and intra-hours is minute charts. So it would be in Russian. Do you agree?

Uladzimir Izerski:

To be precise I quote his words"Here, another weekly reversal took place - today, shortly after midnight Greenwich:"

There's no mention of a trend. It doesn't make much sense either.

Once the extremum of the weekly candle is formed a correction or reversal takes place. And this is the situation that is caught by the indicator, of course with a certain lag.

khorosh:

Once the extremum of a weekly candle is formed, a correction or reversal starts. This is the situation that the indicator catches, of course with a certain lag.

I understand thatthe extremumof the weekly candle is defined by a fractal from H4. But it is not a guarantee of the reversal; it can be a banal pullback.

The larger the TF to analyze, the harder it is to get profit.

At the moment the price is on the trend line of the monthly chart. A cautious big money play is underway.

November is going to be fun.

Sergey Lazarenko:

I understand, of course, then you should be more precise, intra-weekly trend... It is then on D1 that one must look for something there, and if on H1 (he showed charts from there), then this is called intraday, intra-day are hours, and intra-week are days, and intra-hours are minute charts. So, it would be in Russian. Do you agree?

If you look for an intra-weekly trend reversal on a daily chart, that would be too crude. It's obvious to anyone. Such a trend can last from 2 to 5 days. And how would you catch the reversal of, say, a 2-day trend? When will it be over? So TF should be at least H4. You may do it on H1 as well. The parameters of his indicator are designed for H1, therefore he uses this timeframe. Although, I think we may use H4 as well, just change the indicator parameters.

Документация по MQL5: Константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы объектов / Видимость объектов
Документация по MQL5: Константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы объектов / Видимость объектов
  • www.mql5.com
Комбинация флагов видимости объекта определяет таймфреймы графика, на которых объект отображаем. Для установки/получения значения свойства OBJPROP_TIMEFRAMES можно использовать функции ObjectSetInteger()/ObjectGetInteger...

Uladzimir Izerski:

I understand thatthe extremumof the weekly candle is defined by a fractal from H4. But it's not a guarantee of a reversal, it could be a trivial pullback.

The larger the TF to analyze, the harder it is to get profit.

At the moment the price is on the trend line of the monthly chart. A cautious big money play is underway.

November is going to be fun.

The electors' decision on the new US president will be announced this morning, so it's just uncertainty now

Sergey Lazarenko:

the electors' decision on the new US president will be announced this morning, so it's just uncertainty

That's right. You have to watch the news backdrop.

khorosh:

Once the extremum of a weekly candle is formed, a correction or reversal starts. This is the situation that the indicator catches, of course with a certain lag.

Uladzimir Izerski:

I understand thatthe extremumof the weekly candle is defined by a fractal from H4. But it is not a guarantee of the reversal; it can be a banal pullback.

Isn't it the same thing? And if they are the same, why do you oppose them?

Tarabanov's extremum is defined by his self-made asymmetric fractal.

khorosh:

Aren't they the same thing? And if it is the same, then why do you sort of oppose it?

Tarabanov's extremum is defined by his self-defined asymmetric fractal.

I see.

I did not get into his indicator; hence I do not understand it.

The weekly reversal is always in the middle of the week

an average candle show you what it looks like?

two tails and a body

;)

Renat Akhtyamov:

The weekly reversal is always in the middle of the week

Usually Wednesday is the busiest news day and the traders cling to any news motive.

They do not care, the main thing is to get a good result for the week. They are paid every week.

Well, there are 5 trading days of 24 hours in a week. Therefore, the left wing of the hourly chart fractal is 119, and the right wing is 1 for minimal lag.