Looking for patterns - page 198

I gave a primitive indicator from eight years ago. The moderator helped to put it into a proper form, thanks to him. There's only one parameter. You may run it and try different horizons and timeframes. You can use the optimizer, and afterwards you will be sure to share your impressions, assumptions and conclusions.

After that we will move on to the main topic - trend reversal and false signal filtering.

Алексей Тарабанов:

But what you mean by trend indicators is not very clear to me. Apparently, they are indicators that tell us whether or not to put a foot under the falling knife.

We discussed the example of the trend with you ( №1788 )... So, the trend is 2 years, i.e. according to your estimation it may be 1 year without fear of "falling knife"...

Do I understand your oriental and colourful slang correctly?

In my experience, trends are always long and you should not be afraid of a trend reversal... The only possibility of trouble is force majeure in the market, but this event is so rare that it is not recommended to take it into account, although I am adding the force majeure protection in my Expert Advisor: "God protects the well...".

Serqey Nikitin:

We have already discussed the trend example with you ( #1788 )... So the trend there is 2 years, i.e. according to your estimation you can have at least 1 year without fear of a "falling knife"...

Do I understand your oriental and colourful slang correctly?

In my experience, trends are always prolonged and one should not be afraid of trend reversal... The only possible trouble is force majeure in the market, but this event is so rare that it should not be taken into account, although I build protection against force majeure in my Expert Advisor: "God protects the well...".

Sergey, we are just looking for patterns. You can look for them by recognizing the existing trend, or you can predict its change. I prefer the latter.

Алексей Тарабанов:

Sergei, we are simply looking for patterns. We can look for them by recognising an established trend, or we can anticipate its change. I prefer the latter.

Are you also a member of the Young Psychics Club? Anticipating is their job!

Алексей Тарабанов:

Absolutely agree with you. The Zig-Zag is a tool to analyse the market on history. But what you mean by trend indicators is not very clear to me. Apparently, they are indicators that tell you whether to put your foot under the falling knife or not.

Well, it's not a zigzag at last :) Maybe some oscillator will tell you about the coming reversal?

Алексей Тарабанов:
Uladimir reasonably noted that the first confirmation of a trend is a signal of its possible reversal. The knife has almost fallen and then we start to catch it. Because it is overbought/oversold, or some other tambourine. Or maybe just enter a new trend on the reversal of the old one?

If one follows the trend, this is the way to go. For some, it is dangerous and unacceptable.

VVT:

Well, finally not a zigzag :) but maybe some oscillator will give a hint of an approaching reversal?

Lyonya, we've already talked about that.

VVT:

Well, finally it is not a zigzag :) May be some oscillator will give a hint of an upcoming reversal?

Run my indicator.

Uladzimir Izerski:

If one follows the trend, this is the way to go. For some, it's dangerous and unacceptable.

Come on...

Алексей Тарабанов:

Lyonya, we've already talked about this.

Run my indicator.

Run it in which direction? Select -> Delete

Алексей Тарабанов:

Sergei, we are just looking for patterns.

Unexpectedly....)