Looking for patterns - page 269

Renat Akhtyamov:

Sergey, there may be more than three.

It is advisable to test the crisis sections of the historical data.

For example 2008, 2014 and up to today.

If one believes that there are cycles, then the idea is that 2020 and 21 should also give the country coal ...

Three years is a minimum... During this time, there should be at least two force majeure events. The test over three years will show how the strategy will pass these force majeure events, and not go into deficit...

And this just shows the trader's understanding of the market and his success in building strategies ...

Serqey Nikitin:

Three years is a minimum... There should be at least two force majeure events during this time. A three year test will show how the strategy will pass these force majeure events and not go into deficit...

And this just shows the trader's understanding of the market and his success in building strategies ...

I agree with you about the definition of strategy building.

Exactly in the construction and nothing else.

I liked the way Chegevar tests.

He is picking up crisis years after all.

I would even say that he has this approach as a priority.

However, strategy is not the same thing as strategy.

For me the best proof of the strategy's performance is, after all, working on a real account.

How do you withdraw money from the tester ?

:-)

if strategies showing results in history would really work in real time ...

---

it wouldn't be a forum, it would be a billionaires club. Every chart has become validated by a fat wallet.

Renat Akhtyamov:

I think the best proof of a working strategy is working on a real account.

Yes, for manual trading you can't do without a real account, because the share of psychology in trading is off the charts...

But for the work of the Expert Advisor, if it is not a scalping strategy, there is no difference, even a demo account, even a real account or a test - the results will be the same.

But to get a three-year report on a real account is not an achievable task... And the tester is designed for such long runs to confirm the strategy correctness...

Maxim Kuznetsov:

Girl, this forum is all about KNOWLEDGE...

Get your priorities straight... Without KNOWLEDGE it's very hard to achieve anything!

Maxim Kuznetsov:

if strategies showing results in history would really work in real time ...

---

it wouldn't be a forum, it would be a billionaires club. Every chart has become confirmed by a fat wallet.

It depends on how you do it - some have genius foresight, clairvoyance (and 20+ products in the market), and some only have a tester and history)

Aleksey Nikolayev:

Some have brilliant insight, clairvoyance (and 20+ products in the market), while others only have a tester and a story).

"Some have genius insight, clairvoyance" - I am VERY suspicious of such psychics... Sounds like a charmer...

And the report from the tester can always be duplicated by any trader, and there is much more trust in such people...

Sergey Lazarenko:

In essence there is no trend line, there is some other line, the trend line was conceived as a line that delineates the range of the trend, which is defined by the tops and troughs, and you have what? You've drawn through the extrema, which are illogically placed, that's what you call selftalking.

I do not retell the thoughts of the great and the terrible.

Now about the trend lines appearing on the chart. After opening of a position, the trader certainly sees the movement direction, but the indicator has another task - to recognize the moment of trend reversal, in our case it is a weekly trend. For this reason, until the first reverse fractal, or rather - until the moment of breakdown of its level and continuation of the movement in the previous direction, the trend line is nothing more than a useless decoration of the chart. At the moment of such a breakdown we have 3 significant points: the beginning of an upward movement, the reversal fractal (local maximum from the moment the movement began) and the subsequent local minimum, after which the price goes upward again, higher than the preceding maximum. We get sequentially increasing alternating minimums (2 points) and maximums (also 2 points), the second one has not yet formed, but it is guaranteed to occur above the level of the previous maximum. That is all - we obtained the classical criterion of the uptrend.

Essentially, we approximate the price chart by a broken line the tops of which are reversal fractals and the bottoms are local minimums in the area from the reversal fractal to the moment of breaking through its level.

Алексей Тарабанов:

So, I'm just talking out of my ass here, not retelling the thoughts of the great and terrible.

Now about the trend lines on the chart. After opening a position, the trader sees the direction of movement, but the indicator has another task - to recognize the moment of trend reversal, in our case it is a weekly trend. For this reason, until the first reverse fractal, or rather - until the moment of breakdown of its level and continuation of the movement in the previous direction, the trend line is nothing more than a useless decoration of the chart. At the moment of such a breakdown we have 3 significant points: the beginning of an upward movement, the reversal fractal (local maximum from the moment the movement began) and the subsequent local minimum, after which the price goes upward again, higher than the preceding maximum. We get sequentially increasing alternating minimums (2 points) and maximums (also 2 points), the second one has not yet formed, but it is guaranteed to occur above the level of the previous maximum. That is all - we obtained the classical criterion of the uptrend.

Essentially, we approximate the price chart with a broken line, the tops are reversal fractals and the bottoms are local minimums in the area from the reversal fractal to the moment of its level breakdown.

There is logic in it, but there is no guarantee of earnings.

The demand generates the movement of prices. The first plan should identify the demand and then go for the trend. And the demand is no matter how the FA turns. There should be a comprehensive approach to trading.

Uladzimir Izerski:

There is logic in this, but there is no guarantee of earnings.

Demand generates price movement. The first plan is to identify the demand and then go for the trend. And demand is no matter how the FA turns. Trading should be an integrated approach.

I agree and apply elements of FA, but I am really doing it helping to trade on MICEX. Here - technical analysis based solely on simple and clear logic, on the understanding of the process of unity and struggle of opposites: the trend and the signal for its reversal, together generating a new trend and new reversal signals.