Looking for patterns - page 195

Uladzimir Izerski:

If a person has no good arguments, these will do)))

You're the one with "VARIOUS ARGUMENTS"...? which are called: "YOUNG PSYCHIC CLUB"...

Right, right... To guess the FUTURE price in the market while drawing a smooth wave... IDIOTISM!

Renat Akhtyamov:

good

;)

:), let them think that Trend is the solution to all profitability problems ))).

Maxim Kuznetsov:

- "not raw" - at least when other factors are taken into account. My favourite volatility and seasonality have to be taken into account somehow, i.e. these data have to be added. "Swans in the form of franc or covids should be excluded, major political events should be bypassed,

and the question is how and to what depth backwards and forwards.

1) volatility - a zigzag is good, because it ignores its fluctuations and allows, for example, to separate its contraction from a flat, when there is a negative correlation between neighboring increments (antipersistence)

2) there are different types of seasonality: (a) volatility seasonality is useless, but the zigzag (point 1) allows to separate it from (b) seasonal fluctuations persistence-antipersistence. in my opinion, seasonality of type (a) is much stronger than (b)

3) "black swans" are by definition not predictable. the only thing that can be done is to break the analyzed history into more or less homogeneous pieces.

Serqey Nikitin:

Are you the one with the "WHOLE ARGUMENTS"...? "YOUNG PSYCHIC CLUB"...

Right, right... Guessing the FUTURE price in the market while drawing a smooth wave... IDIOTISM!

What pompous words?))

They give me great encouragement. Because no one has yet figured out how to see the future with ZZ.

Knowing what the pattern is now, I already know what the next wave or knee of ZZ will be.

And you're just grouchy old men. It soothes the nerves of jealousy).

Uladzimir Izerski:

What lush words?))

They give me great encouragement. Because no one has yet figured out how to see the future with ZZ.

Knowing what the pattern is now, I already know what the next wave or knee of ZZ will be.

And you're grouchy as an old man. It soothes the nerves of jealousy.)

I agree, the zigzag is a very useful indicator. Although, it is not exactly a standard indicator, but in fact one of the ways to display prices. In fact, it is one of the methods of displaying price filtered from noise. Personally, I use the zig zag with one parameter - the turning threshold. By setting it, we determine noises of what amplitude will be filtered out. As radio operators say - this is the threshold noise suppressor.

And if we use a zig-zag as a trend, by setting this threshold, we cut off trends with a spread less than this threshold.

Документация по MQL5: Константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Стили рисования
Документация по MQL5: Константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Стили рисования
  • www.mql5.com
При создании пользовательского индикатора можно указать один из 18 типов графического построения (способа отображения на главном окне графика или в подокне графика), значения которых указаны в перечислении ENUM_DRAW_TYPE. В зависимости от стиля рисования, может потребоваться от одного до четырех буферов значений (отмеченных как INDICATOR_DATA...

khorosh:

I agree, the zig zag is a very useful indicator. Although it is not exactly a conventional indicator, it is essentially one way of displaying price. And the price filtered from noise. Personally, I use the zig zag with one parameter - the turning threshold. By setting it, we determine noises of what amplitude will be filtered out. As radio operators say - this is the threshold noise suppressor.

And if we use a zig-zag as a trend, by setting this threshold we cut off trends that have a range lower than this threshold.

Yes, that's right.

Of course, unlike other indicators, ZZ works directly with the price and not with its derivative.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Because no one has yet figured out how to use ZZ to see the future.

No need to make excuses... Everyone knows perfectly well that Zig-Zag can't see the future... And the hiccups? ...It happens, there's nothing you can do about it... Be strong!

I can see from you, if you're on a first-name basis, even if I explain something to you, you still wouldn't get it.

Everyone knows the sun revolves around the earth.)

Stop giving me that mold you don't know about.

Uladzimir Izerski:

I can see from you, if you're on a first-name basis, even if I explain something to you, you still wouldn't get it.

Everyone knows the sun revolves around the earth.)

Stop saying things you don't understand.

Volodya, that was wrong!

Serqey Nikitin:

A trend can be identified by TREND INDICATORS...

Zig-Zag and Fractal have nothing to do with trend indicators.

For example a trend indicator is ADX and RSI is an oscillator. But they differ only in a final processing of components and as a result in appearance.

Any indicator can be used as a trend indicator and for determining the moment of entering (as an oscillator).