Vim as ide for mql - page 13

Alexey Navoykov:

Maybe you misunderstood what I was saying, but it's just the opposite. Now, while you are coding in MQL, you risk getting into the situation you've described, and you will have to rewrite all your projects. I'm talking about writing a converter/translator to code directly in C++. And if you have compatibility issues, you will only need to fix this converter, not the projects themselves.

Do you think you can manage that task? I doubt it very much. Although the syntaxes are similar, they are only basic ones, while there are countless nuances and differences. That's a lot of nonsense. Take it from experience).

SZY. The hilarious thing is that MQL IS THIS CONVERTER in its essence and at most you will just repeat it in a much worse version.)))

I should add: MQL is a derived language from C++. When programming in MKL, we use a simplified version of C++. The whole point of MCL is to provide convenience to developers of Expert Advisors to save their time and effort by eliminating the redundant and unneeded functionality of the more extensive 'parent' language. In this task, MCL has achieved great success, but some programming enthusiasts want to remove all the advantages of an application language and return it to the proto-state from which it began to evolve. Why?

What some people don't realise is that the lack of the fullness of C++ in MKL is not a disadvantage, but an advantage. And even more, the original purpose of the language's creation, without which its existence is meaningless.

A professional will never ask why an application language is needed.
To speak contemptuously of an applied language, imputing to it its inherent limitations, is a demonstration of one's own limitations. What else can you call it?)

Alexey Navoykov:

Now, while you are programming in MQL, you risk getting into the situation you've just described, and you will have to rewrite all your projects. But I'm talking about writing a converter/translator to code directly in C++. And if you have compatibility issues, you will only have to fix this converter, not the projects themselves.

Yes, I agree, that's right. Your terminal, with a set of connectors - in µl/queue/direct to the exchange. Experts in the form of shared libraries, which are hooked up at runtime, i.e. no need to invent your own compiler, take any ready-made and rivet experts.

Реter Konow:
Some don't realise that the lack of all the fullness of C++ in MKL is not a disadvantage, but an advantage. And even more, the original purpose of creating the language, without which its existence is meaningless.

A professional will never ask why an application language is needed.
To speak contemptuously of an applied language, imputing to it its inherent limitations, is a demonstration of one's own limitations. What else can you call it?)

Peter, it's just that they, like all novice programmers, have not yet learned how to use dynamic arrays. Some do, some don't.

Alexei Tarabanov, Artyom Trishkin, Peter Konow, Dmitry Fedoseev

Actually, a question - what have you forgotten in this thread?

TheXpert:

Actually, a question - what have you forgotten in this thread?

Barking at the caravan)

By the way, why not emacs? It seems more suited to a sense of elitism.

TheXpert:

Actually, the question is - what are you doing in this thread?

I already told you, I go in for a laugh (and I think I'm not the only one). Now I'm under quarantine, you can't go to the circus. Do you want to talk about it or do you want something else? Explain, what do you want?

Aleksey Nikolayev:
By the way, why not emacs? It seems to be more suited to a sense of its own elitism.

Emacs is a bit heavy compared to vim, I haven't seen anything faster than vim. Now for the test, I've taken 13 MB (honest 1-byte encoding, not like meta-editor * 2) of C mess and run it, which is about 120k lines of code, instant startup, fast navigation without freezing. And it's not just text, it's text that needs to be parsed and coloured. And I'm far from having a top-of-the-range number cruncher. Emacs can't do that.

Not me about elitism, I don't bother with such things.

What happened to the topic starter? Is that it, a permanent ban?