On the unequal probability of a price move up or down - page 52

khorosh:

Can you be specific about what the advantage is?

I said it very clearly: the ability to control the fractions and ratios of the currencies in a trade. There is no such opportunity in cross trading. If you do not understand, wait, maybe tomorrow I will post a couple of formulas with primitive arithmetic.

Mikhael1983:

I said it very clearly: the ability to control the shares of currencies in a trade, their ratio. There is no such possibility in cross trading. If it is not clear, wait, maybe tomorrow I will post a couple of formulas with simple arithmetic.

This is an opportunity we can eat out or buy clothes with?) Does this opportunity allow us to earn more? If so, at what cost?

khorosh:

This is an opportunity we can eat out or buy clothes with?) Does this opportunity allow us to earn more? If so, at what cost?

We can. Allowing. At the cost of being able to trade what we are comfortable trading (structure with additional properties, synthetic) instead of what is offered in the case of the cross. I have already shown a number of tricks with linear combinations of EURUSD and GBPUSD, but I could hardly show them with EURGBP cross. I definitely could not. It is poorly predictable. As well as EURUSD or GBPUSD separately.

Mikhael1983:
We can. It does. At the expense of being able to trade what is convenient for us to trade (structure with additional properties, synthetic) instead of what is offered in case of cross.

But the ultimate criterion is money, and one must prove that trading in pairs can potentially earn more, and I think this will not be easy.

We must prove that the ratio of profit to maximum drawdown at one and the same trading interval is greater for pair trading than for cross trading.

By the way, about convenience. It's more convenient to trade one symbol than two, and without any twists or coordinate conversions).

khorosh:

By the way, about convenience. It's more convenient to trade one symbol than two and without all the twists and turns and coordinate conversions).

If convenience for you is about less mouse clicks, maybe. For me, convenience is the probability of making a profit. The proof of the essence is already contained in the pictures I am presenting. Individually by pairs it is practically impossible to judge who will change where. But it is easy and comfortable to trade with a pair of pairs and the divergence I have presented (of course I have to build it first).

Mikhael1983:
We can. We can. At the expense of being able to trade what we are comfortable trading (structure with additional properties, synthetic) instead of what is offered in the case of the cross. I have already shown a number of tricks with linear combinations of EURUSD and GBPUSD, but I could hardly show them with EURGBP cross. I definitely could not. It is poorly predictable. As well as EURUSD or GBPUSD separately.

Do you think that the new spread resulting from the introduction of the new dollar is more predictable? This is your perception, there is no proof and is unlikely to be.

khorosh:

Do you think that the new spread resulting from the introduction of the new dollar is more predictable? This is your perception, there is no proof and is unlikely to be.

It's not a feeling. It is a completely obvious fact, directly following from the constructions I am demonstrating here. They are the proof.

Mikhael1983:

It's not a feeling. It's a completely obvious fact, directly following from the builds I'm demonstrating here. They are the proof.

I believe that catching the extremum of your new entry spread is no easier than catching the extremum of the euro pound. They are essentially the same tasks.

And if you were to get a demonstration of trading in the euro pound with results as good as yours, what would you say?

khorosh:
And if you were to get a demonstration of trading in the euro pound with results as good as yours, what would you say?
Give it a try.