Slipping in the rain past the drips - page 5

Aleksey Mavrin:
I was talking about the medium term. A month is nothing for it. How do you work the signals on H4, by the monthly history, I really don't understand. What is the average profit per trade in pips? Not a scalper for sure? Demo is also not a real, it may be even more than the 99% history.

The signal quality in the strategy is medium-term, the TP is scalper.

Vladimir Tkach:
In this case I will collect all the drops with the front part of my clothes.

Crouch down and lean forward a little. In general, it's not the speed that matters, it's the direction to the nearest shelter that's less likely to get wet).

Uladzimir Izerski:

And swaps don't disturb your sleep on mezzanine or even weekly? )

It's all about the iron balls...

But what difference does it make what you lose on? )))) It's more noble on a monthly))))))

Swaps are positive too, can you imagine? If you have not traded like this, it feels like you have never traded. If you are not a medium-term scalper but have normal stop-losses and goals, then swaps won't affect the profit.

But of course, swaps should be taken into account.

And it would be nobler to give the money to charity rather than to the DC pocket).

Konstantin Yartsev:

The signal quality in the strategy is medium term, the TP is scalper.

I see. I can do it that way, as long as the result is good :)

Igor Makanu:

the quality depends on the filtering / aggregation of ticks used in a particular brokerage house, and the filtering algorithms and liquidity providers can be changed at any time

and if memory serves me correctly - product advertising from the Market is prohibited? ;)

In the tester there is one quality option for a particular broker. (only on MT5) - 100% for the last month. There is no other quality option.

This thread is discussing the fact that to make money on forex you need to understand some things and why 99% of traders get losses.

To keep the discussion from becoming demagoguery - a variant of a profitable strategy is taken for an example based on specific numbers (there is no name or link to it).

Aleksey Mavrin:

I see. You can do it that way, as long as it gets results :)

It won't take long.

Konstantin Yartsev:

It all depends on the size of the deposit and the profit plan. I am not talking about 5% p.a. profit as a profit plan (such profit can only satisfy institutional players). I am talking about 50-100% per month for an average deposit.

To get 50-100% a month, I named the leverage size, optimal for my strategy. It's 1:200. And all the usual MM numbers, like 10% per trade from the deposit - this is just an average figure for someone who doesn't understand.

For example, with a licensed 1:30, having $ 1000 on your account, the maximum you can open on the euro-franc: 1000/110000/30=0.3 lots. The "recommended" 10% is 0.03 lots. On 15.01.15 the Euro-Frank fell 30000 pips: stop-losses slipped (as a stop-loss is a regular stop order which is triggered by the market with a text spread). There were only stop-outs, as in your "10% of the deposit": 0.03*30000 points=$900. And earnings at 0.03 lot for $1000. - Not much.

Therefore, in forex, even when trading with real stop-losses, it is more profitable to divide the deposit and on part of the deposit aggressively to make a profit of 100% per month.

EleAnna was also dividing, and she did.

By the way, division of course protects against force majeure events like the Francopocalypse, but it is somewhat illusory, it protects 100% only if the second part of your deposit is at least in the bank or under the pillow.

Because such force majeure events always happen where they are not expected, and if you have the second part of your depo lying at the same or another broker, but just not trading, then bad news - you are not protected))

Vladimir Baskakov:
EleAnna shared it too and it was done.

She, by the way, copied the idea from me back then. But apart from this MM variant, she had a weak strategy in base - timid signals on M5 with incomprehensible averaging one after another in 1-10 pips increments on 5 digits. Such strategies drain even with depo splitting.

The strategy should be based on error-free signals. Like I have: if on H4, for example, GBPJPY index is flat-lining below the others, etc., while GBPJPY is on the contrary higher than all the others, then buying GBPJPY will very likely work out 100 points of a scalper's move on a 5-digit level. The deposit is loaded 100% at once (not only when the averaging is complete). And the profit is the same. And a half-depo margin as protection against a 30,000-point move against the pos. does not weigh on the pocket...

Aleksey Mavrin:

By the way, division of course protects against force majeure events like the Francopocalypse, but it is somewhat illusory, it protects 100% only if the second part of your deposit is at least in the bank or under the pillow.

Because such force majeure events always happen where they are not expected, and if you have the second part of the deposit lying with the same or another broker, but it is just not traded, then bad news - you are not protected))

It's better to keep the second part in a dollar cache in a safe deposit box. Once a month to go to the bank and make a new deposit in an online account- not a problem.

One working day a month.

Вебтерминал для MetaTrader 5
Вебтерминал для MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
Подключайтесь к счету и торгуйте на финансовых рынках прямо из браузера

Konstantin Yartsev:

So that the discussion does not become demagoguery - a variant of a profitable strategy is taken for an example on concrete figures (there is no name or reference to it).

Well, go on, but it comes to mind - with good intentions is the road ...?

Konstantin Yartsev:

This thread is discussing the fact that to make money on Forex you need to understand some things, and why 99% of traders are losing.

As for the "pseudo" calculation of risks, it was an attempt, but just an attempt.

for what it's worth, they lose because everything that has to do with money is pretty well manipulated, this industry is no exception, so if a newcomer enters the markets, the result is always the same.... he has no time to absorb new information - how to do it (trading) properly, he cannot filter out nonsense - he does not have enough information in his head, but he may start trading immediately by pushing a few buttons - and most importantly he can immediately count the money!

that's it, money always solves everything - written above )))