Points VS Pips - page 122

Алексей Тарабанов:

After retiring from the army in 1995, I established and promoted my own CJSC whose sole activity was working on the securities market (a prerequisite for obtaining a licence). It was obligatory for 5 employees of such a company to be First Class certified by the Ministry of Finance; we had 7, including me.

And tell me, how did you get a licence without appropriate education or work experience in the field? However, you need not tell, already it is clear - the year 1997.

Well, we understood where such a magic number as0.00390625 comes from, so what? What except the joy that I am now an advanced dude - I know how some bonds with a fairy tale name are quoted? To calculate levels all the same the point0.00000001will be used, and the resulting profit will be calculated in $. And in the process of analyzing for a decision to execute a trade, no one will remember that there are any points (and licences).

Dmitry Fedoseev:

And tell us how you got your licence without any relevant education or experience in the field? However, you don't have to tell us, it's clear enough - the year is 1997.

Well, we understand where such a magic number like0.00390625 comes from, so what? What except the joy that I am now an advanced dude - I know how some bonds with a mysterious name are quoted? To calculate levels all the same the point0.00000001will be used, and the resulting profit will be calculated in $. And in the process of analyzing for a decision to execute a trade, no one will remember that there are any points (and licences).

We should look at the office which issued the licence in '97, and make a request for confirmation to the controlling organisation. And another question: where is the seven-person office now that provided all of Russia with fast payment processing? Rhetoric, though.

Artyom Trishkin:

We should look at the company which issued the licence in '97, and make a request for confirmation to the controlling organisation. And another question - where is now the office of seven people, which provided all of Russia fast payment processing. Rhetoric, though.

The office ceased to exist in 2009 (or so).

Some more thoughts:

So, by "right item" is meant some indivisible unit of an asset, or more precisely, its value.

Two questions arise:

1. Where is this indivisible asset unit on the forex market? It does not exist on forex.

2. Why does the presence of this indivisible point not affect the lot? Points are indivisible, so only buying and selling of a whole number of units should take place. But the value of this point (unit of the asset) does not fit into the lot size.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Some more thoughts:

So by "right item" we mean some indivisible unit of an asset, or more precisely, its value.

Two questions arise:

1. Where on the forex market is this indivisible asset unit? Forex does not have it.

2. Why does the presence of this indivisible point not affect the lot? If the points are indivisible, then only the whole number of units must be bought and sold. But somehow the value of this point (asset unit) does not fit into the lot size.

Isn't the indivisible unit of an asset in forex the minimum lot - the minimum that can be bought/sold?

I don't understand the second question.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Some more thoughts:

So, by "right item" is meant some indivisible unit of an asset, or more precisely, its value.

Two questions arise:

1. Where is this indivisible asset unit on the forex market? It does not exist on forex.

2. Why does the presence of this indivisible point not affect the lot? Points are indivisible, so only buying and selling of a whole number of units should take place. But the value of this point (unit of the asset) does not fit into the lot size.

And in general, the key to understanding how people relate to their money is the phrase "by 'right point' is meant a certain...". That is, not an exact value, but something purely abstract and ephemeral. And with this ephemeral thing people tell how cool they are in trading. Although there are precise and immutable concepts that should be used as a basis for calculations.

Artyom Trishkin:

Isn't the indivisible unit of an asset in forex the minimum lot - the minimum that you can buy/sell?

I don't understand the second question.

A lot is the amount of money a trader uses to execute a trade. That is, he buys something in order to sell it later or sells it in order to buy it later.

And this "something" has no discrete size in Forex, so there is no question about the lot.

But if you trade bonds, one bond has a value, it cannot be divided into pieces. Anyway... There is a contract value corresponding to the lot (I guess) or unit value of the asset. No question.

Guys, the argument is actually purely a terminological one.

By the way, in the standard library of signals all stops, takeoffs, indents and trailing stops are specified... ta-damn, in pips! Gee ))

sl         =(m_stop_level==0.0) ? 0.0 : m_symbol.NormalizePrice(price-m_stop_level*PriceLevelUnit());

PriceLevelUnit() - m_adjusted_point

int digits_adjust=(m_symbol.Digits()==3 || m_symbol.Digits()==5) ? 10 : 1;
   m_adjusted_point=m_symbol.Point()*digits_adjust;

Dmitry Fedoseev:

And tell us how you got your licence without any relevant education or experience in the field? However, you don't have to tell us, it's clear enough - the year is 1997.

Well, we understand where such a magic number like0.00390625 comes from, so what? What except the joy that I am now an advanced dude - I know how some bonds with a mysterious name are quoted? To calculate levels all the same the point0.00000001will be used, and the resulting profit will be calculated in $. And in the process of analyzing to make a decision to execute a trade, no one will remember that there are any points (and licences).

Came to the financial academy and passed the exam.

About the magic point you are confusing me with someone else. Pay attention to women,- life-changing.

Artyom Trishkin:

I would like to have a look at the office which issued the licence in '97, and make a request for confirmation from the controlling organisation. And another question: where is the office of seven people now, which provided the whole of Russia with fast payment processing? Rhetoric, though.

Shall I send you a copy? I can, but tomorrow. My granddaughter's asleep in there tonight.