Points VS Pips - page 151

Taras Slobodyanik:

If MQ didn't use the word pips, there would be no questions asked of them, at all.

ps. sorry, I couldn't resist.

Usually they say: the Dow J Index is down so many points.
Let's see now on investing : 25,082.25
Here the pips are on the left side altogether

Taras Slobodyanik:

If MQ didn't use the word pips, there would be no questions asked of them, at all.

ps. sorry, I couldn't resist.

Rather it's not a question for MQ, but a question for their individual pips member. It's just not clear why this bug isn't being fixed...

Vladimir Baskakov:

1. In the Russian interpretation, a comma (,) separates hundredths, and a dot in this case separates thousands.
  2. In the foreign interpretation, a dot (.) separates the thousandths, and the comma in this case is not a dirty word.

Which option is closer to you?

Сергей Таболин:

1. In the Russian interpretation, the comma (,) separates the hundredths, and the dot in this case separates the thousands.
  2. In the foreign interpretation, the dot (.) separates the thousandths, and the comma in this case is not a dirty word.

Which variant is closer to you?

In simpler terms, 25082.25 is fine.
You tell me, where are the clauses?

Vladimir Baskakov:
Usually they say: the Dow J Index is down by so many points.
Let's see now on investing: 25,082.25
There are pips in general on the left.

the question is how does MQ apply this term and why did they start using pips, equating it to their points?

Taras Slobodyanik:

the question is how MQ uses the term and why did they start using pips, equating it to their points ?

You have not answered

Vladimir Baskakov:
You did not answer.

I answer - on each instrument the size of 1 pip is different, on indices most often = 1 dollar, on currencies = 1 cent
(the number of decimal points does not matter for 1 pip)

Is that OK?

Vladimir Baskakov:
Well, if it's simpler, it could be 25082.25.
You tell me, where are the points?

A change of one point would be 25082.26 or 25082.24.

Taras Slobodyanik:

I answer - pips are different for each instrument, pips on indices most often = 1 dollar, pips on currencies = 1 cent

OK?

Not really, specifically gone. Well even if they are, it's kind of like natural numbers. What are they doing in the fractional part

Сергей Таболин:

A change of one point would be 25082.26 or 25082.24.

No, 25083. No one looks at the numbers after the spt in the indices