Points VS Pips - page 118

Dmitry Fedoseev:

What is UNCH? What's with the apostrophes?

no change )

Dmitry Fedoseev:

What is UNCH? What are the apostrophes?

I don't know exactly myself, UNCH is kind of a break, I don't know why it appears so often on the website.
Von has already suggested that there is no change.
The apostrophes are the digits, before the apostrophe points, after it ticks (TickSize)
But all assets have different specifications, so the apostrophes are different.

Mikhail Dovbakh:

no change )

How? UNCH means there is no change?

And what makes it UNCH when it's just weighing the old measurement value?

Roman:

Understand that when 32 ticks(TickSize) pass, one item will change.
When another 32 ticks pass, the next item will change.

Other tools have a different number of ticks for example 320.
If price is 320 TickSize, this means that price is in one point.

Fucking hell. In such cases, we say "hawaii at bulbu, cover yourself with baraznai"...

An item in itself contains 32 tick sizes, each of which can contain nth number of items in itself. Marasmus. What hospital are you from?

Сергей Таболин:

Fucking hell. In such cases, we say "hawaii at bulbu, cover yourself with baraznai"...

An item in itself contains 32 tick sizes, each of which can contain nth number of items in itself. Marasmus. Which hospital are you from?

Where did you see that I wrote that a tick contains points?
On the contrary, I'm trying to explain to everyone here that a point contains an n-th number of ticks (TickSize)

Roman:

I don't know exactly myself, UNCH kind of takes a break, I don't know why it appears so often on the website.
Von has already suggested that there is no change.
The apostrophes are the digits, before the apostrophe points, after it ticks (TickSize)
But all assets have a different specification, that's why the apostrophes are different.

Maybe the point here just means some kind of unit. Point, as a word, is a homonym with many meanings.

So they found a market with the most perverse quotation method, and now they are trying to stretch this method over the whole world.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

In what way? UNCH means there is no change?

And from what when UNCH and when it just weighs the old measurement value?

All I could think of:

Unexpected Change
Unavailable Change
Unused Change
Unformed Change

To understand what it really is, you need to read the docs of the exchange.

The main purpose of the specification is to show what the maximum number can be after an apostrophe. So there point is just some kind of abstract unit, and does not in itself carry any meaning.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Maybe what is meant here by point is simply some kind of unit. Point, as a word, is a homonym with many meanings.

So they found a market with the most perverse quotation method, and now they are trying to pull that method over the whole world.

All over the world, a point is a divisible unit. Consisting of several TickSizes(minimum change in price).
You can make it sound like anything )), but it's a stock market, which is several centuries old.
Spot forex, on the other hand, only came into existence in the early seventies.

And you confuse the mql function Point() with point, thinking that its name means point.
It was a point when there were four-digit quotes on forex.
And now that the digits have changed, its value should be treated as a real digit, nothing more.
It has nothing in common with a real pip.

Roman:

All over the world, a point is a divisible unit. Consisting of several TickSizes(minimum change in price).
You can make anything out of it )), but it's a stock market, which is several centuries old.
Spot forex, on the other hand, only came into existence in the early seventies.

No.