Points VS Pips - page 98

Vladimir Baskakov:

Point - 1

Yes, 1 dollar, i.e. 0.01 of the EURUSD quote. For the rest, see above.

Georgiy Merts:

Well !!!

Two more pages of nothing to nothing and a hundred pages taken !!!

Say something clever.

Алексей Тарабанов:

Yes, 1 dollar, i.e. 0.01 of the EURUSD quote. For the rest, see above.

What does a dollar have to do with it? The market is not just forex

Vladimir Baskakov:

It has nothing to do with the dollar. The market is not just about forex.

Yes, an item can be denominated in rubles, rupees, greyhound puppies, etc. No one has cancelled clearing, but it is customary here to discuss forex only by looking back and referring to alternative markets.

Алексей Тарабанов:

Yes, an item can be denominated in rubles, rupees, greyhound puppies, etc. No one has abolished clearing, but it is customary here to discuss forex only by looking back and referring to alternative markets.

Not in this thread. They already put 1 in fractions here, and argue about how it does not add up.

Georgiy Merts:

Well !!!

Two more pages of nothing to nothing and a hundred pages taken !!!

))

The confusion is indeed present.

Since there was no five digits when MT4 was developed, pp was made an allias of the step, which it is not, both in the screen forms and in the language. Programmers and traders no longer speak the same language. This is bad, everyone understands this - hence the hypertrophied attention to this little topic.

To redo everything and eliminate all discrepancies is quite simple, but you will get a great pain from renaming Point to Step, or ... stuff like that. So, bear with me.

Алексей Тарабанов:

))

The confusion is indeed present.

Since there were no five digits when MT4 was developed, pp was made an allias of a point, which it is not, both in the screen forms and in the language. Programmers and traders no longer speak the same language. This is bad, everyone understands it - that's why there is such hypertrophied attention to this little topic.

To redo everything and eliminate all discrepancies is quite simple, but you will get a great pain from renaming Point to Step, or ... stuff like that. So, bear with me.

Indeed. Many customers are asking me in what units I set the take and stop in the parameters. They separate the point from the pip.

Vladimir Tkach:
Indeed. Many customers are boring me with questions about units I have set in parameters of take and stop. They separate the point from the pip.

The easiest thing to do is to accept Artem's position and set all the values in the price change discretes. Customers will get an intelligible answer, but the principle of process immutability will be violated by automating the process. This is very bad, the automator should not try to change the process being automated. Professionals will fall away, they need clear terminology.

Алексей Тарабанов:

I say: the figure is the allias of the clause. Actually, that's the answer to the question of the thread in almost 1000 posts. A pip is 0.01, a pip is 0.0001. This is all for the Euro, for other pairs it may be different, because the quotes differ by one or two orders of magnitude. No one simply calls a pip a point and everyone calls a pip except for those who have decided to call a pip the minimal step of quote change.

ZS: By the way, my English is fine, the literal translation is percentage per point.

You can tell a true teacher.... depth and breadth of knowledge, all to impress students and fuck their brains out... instead of giving knowledge and instilling skills that will enable them to perform effectively and really understand.

And simply put - a mess of letters, in some places folded into words. Is this what is now called professionalism?

Sorry.

Алексей Тарабанов:

The easiest thing to do is to accept Artem's position and set all the values in the price change discretes. Customers will get an intelligible answer, but the principle of process immutability will be violated by automating the process. This is very bad, the automator should not try to change the process being automated. Professionals will fall away, they need clear terminology.

And there is no other way, because there is the constant Point, and all other market conditions are based on it, they are expressed through it. But all of you need terminology that is of no use to you at all. Just to oppose yourselves to the programmers.