Points VS Pips - page 97

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Show me at least one such news item from the archive.

https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/4096479

ФРС вновь снизила процентную ставку
ФРС вновь снизила процентную ставку
  • Коммерсантъ
  • www.kommersant.ru
15:29

Алексей Тарабанов:

https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/4096479

The percentage point here implies that the percentage decrease (change) is counted from the main value, not from the previous value. It is not even close to trading.

And who ever saw that this percentage point is called a pip? There is an abbreviation of p.p.. - There is, but I've never seen a pip.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

The percentage point here implies that the percentage decrease (change) is counted from the main value, not from the previous value. It is not even close to trading.

And who ever saw that the percentage point is called a pip? There is an abbreviation of p.p.. - is, but I've never seen a pip.

In English, it'sPIP(percentage in point ).

Dmitry, you surprise me.

In fact, it's even worse than that.

There is a point - the dollar. Traders call it a figure in order to avoid confusion with the percentage point - cents (the most popular unit).

There is also a minimum step of price movement, which coincides with the percentage point on the 4-digit figure, and equals 0.1 points on the 5-digit one.

Алексей Тарабанов:

In fact, it's even worse than that.

There is a point - the dollar. Traders call it a figure in order to avoid confusion with the percentage point - cents (the most popular unit).

There is also a minimum step of price movement, which is the same as the percentage point on the 4-digit, and equals 0.1 points on the 5-digit.

There is, but it's in a different area.

The percentage points are also from another area.

Алексей Тарабанов:

In Russian it is pp (percentage in point), in English it isPIP(percentage in point).

Dimitri, you surprise me.

"Percentage point" and "percentage in point" are not... no difference, same thing, right?

Have you ever thought about the meaning of"percentage in point"?

As for "figure", there is no information anywhere on what it is in the market right now. Some time ago I came across a definition - the first two decimal places. But the term did not catch on because it is useless.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
As for the "figure", nowhere is there any information about what it is in the market. Some time ago I met a definition - first two decimal places. But the term did not catch on because it is useless.

I say: the figure is the allias of the clause. In fact, that is the answer to the question of the thread in almost 1000 posts. A pip is 0.01, a pip is 0.0001. This is all for the Euro, for other pairs it may be different as the quotes differ by one or two orders of magnitude. No one simply calls a pip a point and everyone calls a pip except for those who have decided to call a pip the minimal step of quote change.

ZS: By the way, my English is fine, the literal translation is percentage in point.

Алексей Тарабанов:

I say: the figure is the allias of the clause. In fact, that is the answer to the question of the thread in almost 1000 posts. A pip is 0.01, a pip is 0.0001. This is all for the Euro, for other pairs it may be different, because the quotes differ by one or two orders of magnitude. Nobody simply calls a pip a point, while everybody calls a pip except for those who have decided to call a pip the minimal step of quote change.

A pip is 1

Well !!!

Two more pages of nothing to nothing and a hundred pages taken !!!