Points VS Pips - page 13

Artyom Trishkin:

Because it's indivisible. Read the help - it's as simple as that.

In a lot, by its own definition, fractional values are allowed. A point is not.

100 points == 100 "pips" - it's the same thing. A pip is a name. It is not a value. It is the name of a value.

I'm tired of the kindergarten. Gone. When you grow up, you'll see how simple everything is, however, and without fictitious entities.

So there are 4 and 5 digit accounts and no one is arguing that there are not or cannot be 5 digit accounts and that these are the same 4 digit accounts, while the 5 digit can be called a pip is a page-long argument....

Roman:

One is just a divisible value ))
The five digit used to not exist at all.

1.3264-1 pip

And cleverly *** forex bankers decided to divide a pip by 10 for retail

.32649-10 pips(slang)

The entry threshold has decreased, and retailers poured a river of grannies ))
They also have the leverage 1:500, you better get it)))
I`m really crying as they say.

In fact, they may count in parrots at least ))
The main thing is that they do not leak but they earn.

Are you even literate or what? It is written in black and white in Russian: a point is an indivisible minimum value. What can you divide an indivisible into? Cut the penny into 10 parts (you can, purely physically) and try to pay with these "pips" in the shop. You won't have to guess where they will send you. And here you may play the fool and insist on your point. Not a kindergarten (according to Artem), but a madhouse (in fact).

Roman:

One is just a divisible value ))
There used to be no five digits at all.

1.3264-1 pip

And thesly ...experienced forex bankers decided to divide a pip by 10 for retail

.32649-10 pips (slang)

The entry threshold has decreased, and retailers poured a river of grannies ))
They also have the leverage 1:500, you better get it)))
I`m really crying as they say.

In fact, they may count in parrots at least ))
The main thing is that they do not leak but they earn.

It's a theatre of the absurd.

Let's put it this way. A cell used to be considered a tiny particle - that was one point.

Then we saw atoms - now the atom became one point.

And then and learned that atoms however are made of nucleons (common name for elementary particles) - one component of an atom(nucleon) became one item.

But this is all indivisible. And this indivisible for today, is the one item. Split up again, and again the smallest indivisible will become one point.

But it will be an item. But some comrades, of course, for their own understanding will again invent their names and put them into the masses and unsteady, or just unsteady, heads.

And the mess will only grow with ruin.

Vladimir Pastushak:

It's a strange way of thinking, so there are accounts with 4 and 5 digits and no one is arguing that 5-digit accounts do not or cannot exist, and that they are the same 4-digit accounts, and the fact that the 5 digit can be called a pip is an argument that has gone on for a lot of pages....

And why on earth should it be called a pip if it's a point?

Сергей Таболин:

Pleasantly surprised by your patience ))))

I'm just not very pleased to understand that some of our rather inquisitive programmers have fallen for youthful slang, and follow this absurdity like donkeys for carrots.

It is sad - we want to see maturity and professional manhood, not indulgence of time - fashionable, incomprehensible, everyone (is it?) says so - so it is right.

No, it is not. And it is unwise to be proud of this delusion.

Vladimir Pastushak:

Strange how you reason, so there are accounts with 4 and 5 digits and no one is arguing that 5-digit accounts do not or cannot exist, and that they are the same 4-digit accounts, and the fact that the 5 digit can be called a pips is an argument spread over a lot of pages....

Yes, there are accounts. Any kind. There are some with integer quotes.

But the minimum undivided value in a quote is one pip.

Artyom Trishkin:

It's a theatre of the absurd.

Let's put it this way. A cell used to be considered a tiny particle - that was one point.

Then we saw atoms - now the atom became one item.

And then and learned that atoms however are made up of nucleons (the common name for elementary particles) - one component of an atom ( nucleon) became one item.

But this is all indivisible. And this indivisible for today, is the one item. Split up again, and again the smallest indivisible becomes one point.

But it will be an item. But some comrades, of course, for their own understanding will again invent their own names and launch them into the masses and unsteady, or just unsteady, heads.

And the mess is only going to get bigger with ruin.

An atom is an atom and a nucleon is a nucleon, things should be called by their proper names... And an atom is not a nucleon...

There will be six signs or twenty signs each will be given its own name, thousandths or twenty thousandths... When they are, then they will be named...

Now, there are accounts with 2 and 4 digits and the minimum change in them is counted in pips and there are 5-digit accounts the minimum change in which is counted in pips. Whether one likes it or not...

There is a container for liquids, the volume of which is calculated in litres (bucket, barrel, tank) and there is a container for liquids, the volume of which is calculated in milliliters (syringe, vial, minidisk).

It is stupid to count the volume of a syringe in litres...

Artyom Trishkin:

I'm just not very pleased to understand that some of our rather inquisitive programmers have fallen for youthful slang, and follow this absurdity like donkeys for carrots.

Sad - want to see maturation and professional maturity, not indulgence of time - fashionable, incomprehensible, everyone (are?) say so - then right.

No, that's not right. And it's not smart to be proud of this delusion.

Just some people are conservative by way of mind or age and do not accept innovations and changes, I realized it long ago, either you are a conservative and prove that innovations are not necessary and you sit in the pit, or you accept innovations and move forward ...

That's the thing, the retailer has it in his head that black is white ))
I think this is absurd.
Read and understand what a basis point is and how many digits it has.

Now give me a name for the fifth digit, the retail quote.

Artyom Trishkin:

I am just not very pleased to understand that some of our rather inquisitive programmers have fallen for this youthful slang, and follow this absurdity like donkeys for carrots.

It's sad - I want to see maturity and professional manhood, not the indulgence of time - it's fashionable, incomprehensible, everyone (is?) says so - so it is correct.

No, it is not. And it is unwise to be proud of this delusion.

If you were communicating with more than just the Russian-speaking audience (or at least trading), then you would understand that pips is not jargon, but an English acronym for a financial term.
And this term is still used all over the world (by all brokers and financial institutions), and only the Russian-speakers are "confused" by their slang and have mixed everything up.