Development plans for the MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester - page 2

Correct the tester please,

I have a 12 core CPU, when optimising the machine crashes due to all agents accessing the hard drive.

fxsaber:

Comparing runs is a great thing.

There's also a need from the bearded days that third-party solutions have become popular: combining multiple runs into one.

I.e. several TCs are run "at the same time", but their overall history and equity are built.

That would be very cool,

Now I have to combine them using other tools (quant analyzer and the like)

Renat Fatkhullin:

Don't be intimidated by the half-assed state of the tester in the betas. We are purposely rolling out all the intermediate versions in the betas to get results faster.

Please make the number of threads in the tester equal to the number of instruments, like in the terminal itself, because when you use a large number of instruments, everything falls down on one thread and is terribly slow. For example, my robot uses 28 tools, which means that the tester will be 28 times slower than it is on one thread. But I would like to use even more instruments and run in the tester.

Please advise how to reset the tester to its original state, so that it "forgets" what it was doing before.

andre:
Please advise how to reset the tester to its original state, so that it "forgets" what it was doing before.
Recompile the script

Renat Fatkhullin:

Don't be intimidated by the half-assed state of the tester in the beta versions. We purposely rolled out all the intermediate versions into betas to get results faster.

And they "forgot" to make the Stable version work again.

Vadim Konyaev:
Recompile the script
Sorry, what are you talking about?

andre:
Please advise how to reset the tester to its original state, so that it "forgets" what it did before.

Delete all folders in the Tester folder.

andre:
Sorry, what are you talking about?
I'm talking about MetaEditore (in case you have the robot source code)... or alternatively, change at least one input parameter in the "Parameters" tab of the tester

Renat Fatkhullin:

Don't be frightened by the semi-unpacked state of the tester in the beta versions. We purposely rolled out all the intermediate versions into betas to get results faster.

How we are reforming the strategy tester:

4. Most likely to add new optimisation options

I will give my five cents in developing the automation of the Strategy Tester.

The ability to generate tasks for the tester and then run them in pipeline mode is very much missing.

I will briefly describe the situation. Sometimes we need to test one Expert Advisor with different settings (tab Settings) and parameters (tab Parameters). Or, we have to test different Expert Advisors. As a result, one is always tied to the computer, but the time between tests ranges from 5 minutes to several hours (taking into account the farm of a hundred and fifty threads).

Idea: I want not to start testing right away, but to form a "Task" for the tester. And after creating a list of "Tasks", send them all at once for testing.

The "Job" is the completed "Settings" + "Parameters".

So that the tester is continuously loaded for a long time. And also to be able to leave the tester on overnight or over the weekend.

Illustration:

Tasks

View reports after testing.