How do you see Metatrader X in 2030? - page 4

Реter Konow:

I have my solution. I have no idea what's in the Codebase. And any programmer can easily do it himself. It is not difficult.

Resource is created with ResourceCreate function. It saves it and can be read from any chart with ResourceReadImage() where you only need to specify the exact address of the resource.

If the resource is created in a parallel program, you need to specify the full address and name of the resource in the ResourceReadImage call. After that, you can read it (but you can't change it in MT5, only in MT4).

Can you explain a bit more in this topic?

Forum on Trading, Automated Trading Systems and Strategy Tests

Is it possible to output the text on more than one line in OBJ_TEXT object?

Alexey Viktorov, 2019.08.05 09:30

New question: Can I read text from a resource in a canvas?

For example, these strings or any of them.

Purpose: The kanvas has a line, which contains a date. This is the date we want to read.

Or use one of the old tried and tested methods, GV, file, graphic or something else.

Perhaps the question does not take into account all the nuances.

Personally, I miss multitasking. I remember (10 lines of nostalgia, youth skip), back in 2000 I was hanging around the RSDN programmers forum when the Pentium 4 was released. And Intel was going on about 15GHz on P4. Yeah, I'm not kidding, it was all over the place. Well, I don't know if they really thought so or if it was a hoax, but I didn't believe it, after all I'm an ironman.

I then made a big thread about multicore coming soon, you'll see, we need to get ready. People laughed, it was like a fairy tale, how can you program parallel code? It's a fantasy.

And who was right? Intel failed with its 15Ghz, then the desktop version received dual core Pentium D and then the breakthrough Duo.

And we are still living in 199*s on MQL5. No multithreading, no exceptions... went for a watermelon out of grief...

Vladimir Baskakov:
I can say with certainty, that the same as now, everyone will fail in 10 or 20 years, even if you write the most beautifully flawless code (like fxsabera's). All this is codes for the sake of codes

Flawless code on defines? ))))))))))))))))

Alexey Viktorov:

Can you explain this topic in a little more detail?

Perhaps the question does not take into account all the nuances.
I answered you there.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I was wondering, I've been trading forex for about 13 years, I started with MT4 in 2006. I only got into this topic because my girlfriend at the time asked me to help me understand the terminal, and I happily discovered some C-like language, MQL4, and got hooked. It's funny to remember, I was working in English in the terminal and was sure that it was a western development. When I found out that the guys from Kazan made it, I got cognitive dissonance)).

To have a Volchansky theme without mentioning women?

Personally I heard something about trading from the early 2000s, but because I had a very limited Internet connection on my dial-up connection, the rumours remained rumours.

I only really got to know forex in 2013 or so, at the suggestion of one of the Antibaby forum participants (at that time I tried to convince the crowd there that women are different, and I laughed at them... Now they are the last ones to laugh at me).

I was immediately oriented to MT5, because it had OOP, which I liked. I didn`t look to MT4, because I did not want to give up my accumulated experience. And here just appeared the normal preprocessor directives plus the announcement of the developers that "MT4 will be brought up to the level of MT5" and further - I worked only with the portable code.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Flawless code on defines? ))))))))))))))))

The trick is what is meant by "flawless" code... For me it's code that is perfectly clear and transparent at a glance, and very easy to modify and maintain.

The code offxsaber doesn't always meet this criterion. fxsaber is really a "titan of defines", its redefinitions are very hard to understand.

As a result, you have to use his code solely relying on the author's authority.

Angela, the voice assistant, will appear.

She will praise the code, tell you that it's not LWMA, and gently incline to OOP. She has some thoughts on inheritance

Aleksei Mikhanoshin:

She will praise the code, tell you that it's not LWMA, and gently incline to OOP. She has some thoughts on inheritance

Not everyone will be inclined. Only those from whom the inheritance will be great...

Alexey Viktorov:

And an acquaintance of mine still has a black and white tube TV.

Don't turn this into a joke, I don't see any difference between mt4 and mt5. The point is that if you have hit the stream, you will make money if not, then you are out of luck and it does not matter what platform you have))))

Aleksei Mikhanoshin:

I think in the 30's an AI will be on the scene. It will do the trading.