Economic calendar. Questions, discussions. - page 2

Here's another question of interest:

At 1:45 GMT+3 there is important news in New Zealand. But what impact can this news have on the USDRUB or EURJPY exchange rate?

Alexey Viktorov:

1. Do you mean histograms for the full depth of history available on the chart?

2. But this is for real time application, in real time, doesn't give any information. Or have I completely misunderstood? Well, the forecast and the current value have been obtained, we have set up the histogram, and then? Do we have to make a manual decision?

3. The speed of updating data in the calendar I have not checked, and the speed of receiving the finished data should be measured, but I have no such desire, because the speed is high enough.

1. No, to the full depth of current data. and they, judging by the graph of current data, start from 2017.

2. suddenly there is a correlation of charts, divergence, cumulative effect of news series, etc. etc. I do not exclude that the news direct the currency not only in local cases. if so, then decision making can be automated.

3. if "high enough", then something ahead of the currencies may come out).

Alexey Viktorov:

Here's another question of interest:

At 1:45 GMT+3 there is important news in New Zealand. But what effect can this news have on the USDRUB or EURJPY exchange rate?

I think the news on New Zealand only affects the kiwi

Vladimir Kononenko:

1. no, to the full depth of the current data. which, according to the current data graph, starts in 2017.

The predicted value only occurs from May 2017.

Do you want to compare the predicted value with the actual value at the time of news release?

Alexey Viktorov:

The projected value only occurs from May 2017.

Do you want to compare the predicted value with the actual value at the time of news release?

yes

Vladimir Kononenko:

yes

But not all news is of predictable significance. For example "The Federal Reserve (Fed) interest rate decision". Or am I wrong?

Alexey Viktorov:

But not all news has a predictive value. For example: "The Federal Reserve 's (Fed's) interest rate decision". Or am I wrong?

I think everything can be predicted, there are expectations. Another thing is whether the events in the economic calendar have a set predictive value. The news on the Fed's interest rate decision, as far as I know, does not.

Renat Fatkhullin:

We have already made our own licensed clean implementation ofthe economic calendar.

Our service independently collects raw data from numerous official sources and is set up to react as quickly as possible. In addition, an in-depth history of the values is maintained.

First, we will enable the calendar on this website, and then we will upgrade the calendar in MT5 and give direct access to all the calendar data from MQL5. You will be able to use the calendar in the tester - its history will also be simulated.

This has not been implemented in the Strategy Tester yet.

Vladimir Kononenko:

This has not yet been implemented in the tester

Not tested yet, but it should work without any problems. The problems before the introduction of the calendar on the website were that the tester did not see and does not see the trusted url of the terminal. But the functions to access the calendar do not depend on the trusted url of the terminal.

Vladimir Kononenko:

I think everything can be predicted, there are expectations. Another thing is whether the events in the economic calendar have set forecast values. The news on the Fed's interest rate decision, as far as I know, has no such thing.

That's what I'm talking about.

Assuming that on other news one can somehow analyze the predicted value and the actual value, what to do with those news that have no predicted value. And what about news such as "The speech of European Central Bank (ECB) President Draghi", there is nothing to analyze there at all.