Optimisation vs Fitting in the story - page 6

Serqey Nikitin:

Delusion!

The logic behind your delusions is that the strategy MUST trade...

If you switch to discrete but profitable trading, the importance of having a quote is greatly reduced...

A dumb strategy is the faults of the Trader himself!

you are shaking the air comrade

You have no idea what I said earlier

Renat Akhtyamov:

You're making a fuss, comrade.

You have no idea what I said earlier

I could quote you... so what?

Serqey Nikitin:

Delusion!

The logic behind your delusions is that the strategy MUST trade...

If you switch to discrete , but profitable trading, the availability of a quote is greatly reduced...

A dumb strategy is a flaw in the Trader himself!

How to understand the highlighted

Serqey Nikitin:
I could quote you... so what...?

optimization == fitting == hoping to match the market to the parameters of the TS

unambiguously

Mihail Marchukajtes:

he meant that if trading is done only when the probability of entry/exit is close to 100%, then it will be discrete

i.e.

at some intervals there are no trades

and apparently that's a bad thing.

However, I said something different earlier, perhaps hard to digest

Mihail Marchukajtes:

So to understand... If the trade is for 2 hours and then 3 hours of idle time, the value of the quotes during the idle hours of the strategy "goes down"...

Quotes matter a lot when pipsing or scalping, but for a medium term strategy they matter less...

Serqey Nikitin:

So to understand... If the trade goes for 2 hours and then 3 hours of idle time, the value of quotes during the idle hours of the strategy "goes down"...

Quotes matter a lot when pipsing or scalping, but for a medium term strategy they matter less...

I'm willing to bet. I bet that is not the case???

Renat Akhtyamov:

optimization == fitting == hope the market matches the TS parameters

unambiguously

You're confusing the objectives...

A trader is not interested in "matching the market to the TS parameters"... which is not achievable in principle...

A trader is interested in a stable profit!

But these are different goals and different solutions...

Serqey Nikitin:

You are confusing the objectives...

A trader is not interested in "matching the market to the TS parameters"... which is not achievable in principle...

The trader is interested in stable profits!

But these are different objectives and different solutions...

Ok, let's go further.

a stable profit can only be obtained when the price moves by a certain function

However, a flat and a trend are two states, and the moment of switching from one state to another is a fluke.

Therefore, there is a clear problem that prevents stable profits when trying to analyse a price chart.

the conclusion is to drop the graph.

Now you can reread the post that started it all

Renat Akhtyamov:

OK, let's move on.

a stable profit may be obtained only if the price moves according to a certain function

However, a flat and a trend are two states, and the moment of switching from one state to another is a fluke.

Have you read what was written before?

My strategies are based on a different principle: the strategy is tested on OTHER Pair (on a different story) ...., and you're talking about the "switchover moment"... and "randomness"...