Do they buy advisers for MT4 and MT5? - page 3

Serqey Nikitin:

Fitting is when a strategy with optimised parameters works for a testing period.

And the RIGHT optimisation (at the same settings) works on other pairs, and on other periods...

not necessarily on other pairs

multiplicator:
not necessarily on other pairs
It is one of the checks that the strategy parameters are not adjusted to the story..., i.e. the basic IDEA of the trading strategy is correct, and therefore MUST work on any pair...

Serqey Nikitin:
Absolutely! This is one of the checks that the strategy parameters are not fitted to the story..., i.e. the basic IDEA of the trading strategy is correct, and therefore MUST work on any pair...
Not a fact, there are mono EAs

It is common to tweak or optimise strategies that work on Moving Averages.

But this is basically useless, because the market is not a pure sine wave with constant period and constant phase, but a noisy sine wave with floating phase and floating period.

Therefore for normal MA operation it is necessary to optimize every trading day the Expert Advisors and even manual trading to fit the MA period to the current period of the market sinusoid.

In the real market without daily optimization (adjustment of new parameters) only methods using explicit or implicit tools of Mathematical Analysis work.

Gainmaker:

It is common to tweak or optimise strategies that work on Moving Averages.

But this is basically useless, because the market is not a pure sine wave with constant period and constant phase, but a noisy sine wave with floating phase and floating period.

Therefore for normal MA operation it is necessary to optimize every trading day the Expert Advisors and even manual trading to fit the MA period to the current period of the market sinusoid.

In the real market without daily optimization (adjustment of new parameters) only methods using explicit or implicit tools of Mathematical Analysis work.

They work, only in words so far. I haven't seen it in real life. A_K rules there, he doesn't brag about it.

Vladimir Baskakov:
Not a fact, there are mono EAs
Yes, you're right, there are some... But without testing them on other pairs, I wouldn't advise using them in real trading...

Gainmaker:

PAMMs seem to require a decent start-up capital.

In AP it seems to be from 3000 USD.

With such a starting sum I do not need any PAMMs.

In Alpa there is only $300 for PAMMs.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

at Alpa $300 just for PAMM

Where do the graalers get that kind of money?

Alexander Fedosov:
Where do the grail makers get that kind of money?

A grail creator can open a $10 cent account and turn it into $300 with an easy move )) That's all there is to it!

Alexey Volchanskiy:

A grail creator can open a $10 cent account and turn it into $300 with an easy move )) That's a deal!

Mm-hmm. Goes all the way up to a tenner and flies up to three hundred!