ATC.Experience, knowledge and practice. - page 3

SeriousRacoon:
In all honesty, it is possible to write a working owl that will not lose the deposit. But it will be based on completely different principles than manual trading. No, I'm not talking about marts and other averaging or tick trading.

At that time Gerchik told me about an ATC that works on lunar cycles for about 20 years, or even more, but the yield is about 2-3% per month, or even less.

Vasiliy Ishenko:

Herchik once told us about an ATC that has been working on lunar cycles for about 20 years, or even more, but the yield is about 2-3% per month, or even less.

Let it be 2%, as long as it does not lead to losses. If you have a lump sum at the entrance - with reinvestment it is quite good)).

Very interesting topic touched on in this thread! I've been stuck on the subject of making a fully automated bot for 6 months now. I've only recently seen the first real results, and I think it's really possible.

What I mean by this bot, i.e., initial conditions:
- profitability of 20% per month on one pair,
- at least 5 transactions per day (actually 10-15),
- the drawdown of a maximum of 50% of the deposit,
- All should work for any pair without special modifications for a particular pair,
- I cannot afford to lose))

In brief, the conclusions I came to after 100500 backtests and strategies:
- Our trader's logic works automatically, poorly and only for the timeframe of 1H and above, at less than that it is impossible to automate, it implodes,
- If you want to try it on the real market, you have to wait a year ...
- I have to wait a year to try it out in the real market,
- Any strategy based solely on martingale, no matter how crafty it may be, will lose the deposit))
- Any strategy based on martingale, however cunning it may be, will return 20% per month,
- I have a few tips to use as an input for my brokerage firm.

As of now, I can cautiously say that this problem seems to be solvable. I had two principal approaches - 1) adjust profits and fight with drawdowns, and 2) ignore drawdowns and losses, increase profitability and cover losses with it. The second option has turned out to be more correct.

As a result, I have a working prototype, ok backtest, now I am testing it with real market, collecting statistics...

P.S. Who knows and uses some good trader's strategy and decided to implement it in a robot - don't waste your time)) it will not work.

Evgeny Dyuka:

- The strategy only works when there are a lot of small trades with a profit of 1 quid or less.

Does the result depend on how much lot you open?

multiplicator:

Does the result depend on the lot you open with?

Yes, I'm based on a depo of 1000, 500 leverage, min-lot entry is about 2 quid, the bot can hold up to 30 positions open

Evgeny Dyuka:
Yes, I based my deposit on 1000, leverage 500, min-lot entry is about 2 quid, the bot can hold open up to 30 positions
Well, if you enter with a full lot, what prevents profits?

will be somehow wrong to open?

or did I hear you wrong?

multiplicator:
well, if you enter with a full lot, what prevents you from making money?

will it open wrong somehow?

Or did I hear you wrong?
the risks will be big.

Evgeny Dyuka:

P.S. Who knows and uses a good trading strategy and decided to transfer it to a bot - do not waste your time)) it will not work.

A lot of words and the conclusion is totally wrong!

aleger:

A lot of words and the conclusion is totally wrong!

this is my experience and from it my conclusion, maybe it is different for you

Evgeny Dyuka:
this is my experience and my conclusion, maybe it is different for you

Yes, my conclusion is different, and it is based on the FACTUALLY TRENDED nature of forex transactions!