Push notifications come with a longer delay - page 6

Edgar:
For important (emergency) messages I use Pushover instead of push notifications. It sends messages from the terminal to the mail address. It's paid, but some people manage to find a push ID generator online (I don't have one).

I have an EA that sends to a mailing address, but mail clients aren't always quick to notify me of new emails, so push notifications are better suited. Maybe someone knows a fast mail client for gmail, preferably with a set period for checking emails in seconds.

Andrey777:

Sending to a mailing address is implemented in my EA, but mail clients are not always quick to notify of new emails, so push notifications are better suited. Maybe someone knows a fast mail client for gmail, preferably with a set period for checking emails in seconds.

I have GMail, no polling, works via system push. Hasn't let me down for a long time, signals as fast as any other push recipient (Pushover in my case).

But all pushovers go through Google's servers, so delivery in a second is not guaranteed.

Edgar:

I have GMail, doesn't poll, works via system push. Hasn't let me down for a long time, it's as fast as any other push recipient (Pushover in my case).

But all pushovers go through Google's servers, so delivery in a second is not guaranteed.

I've tried GMail, big delays, got used to MT4 push notifications, now I'm looking for a similar replacement until they fix the bug.

Andrey777:

I tried GMail, big delays, got used to MT4 push notifications, now looking for a similar replacement until they fix the bug.

Have you used GMail with address xxx@gmail.com or with foreign address? Gmail polls other people's mailboxes in time, it polls your own at once.

By the way, how fast the pushing works: message from forum came to mobile terminal in 6 min, test push instantly, via mail gmail.com to Pushover in 3 sec. All with the screen off.

Edgar:

Have you used GMail with xxx@gmail.com or have you used other people's mailboxes? gmail polls other people's mailboxes by time, but theirs at once.

By the way, how fast the pushes work: message from forum came to mobile terminal in 6 min, test push instantly, via mail gmail.com to Pushover in 3 sec. All with the screen turned off.

I use it with google mail, found other mail clients that are faster, but also not ideal.

Andrey777:

GMail tried, big delays, got used to MT4 push notifications, now looking for a similar replacement until bug is fixed.

Judging from the fact that most of the push notifications work...

I get them instantly. Android 7.1.2 (MIUI 10.2). And MIUI is a tough case in general.

When I was struggling with the loss of fluff, it was still Android 4. And it was definitely a problem with the personal set of installed apps. With a clean installation, everything worked as it should.

Edgar:

Judging by the fact that most of the pooches work...

Mine come instantly. Android 7.1.2 (MIUI 10.2). And MIUI is a tough case altogether.

When I was struggling with the loss of fluff, it was still Android 4. And it was definitely a problem with the personal set of installed apps. With a clean installation, everything worked properly.

The problem starts with android 8 .
And battery optimization. Both good and bad.

Andrey777:

I use it with Google mail and have found other email clients that are faster, but not ideal.

Telegram is no better for you (because you are not in the RF). I, like you, need to respond quickly to events, so I tried lots of options: mail clients and special programs like PushOver, PushBullit, etc. - all have problems with speed of delivery. Only messengers work instantly. But only telegram has the easiest api. Like you said above: waiting for them to fix the bug. Even if you wait, someday, you will be disappointed. I've tested the mobile terminal not only on Androide 8, but also on earlier versions and iPhones. Everywhere has problems and not just once a week but several times a day. Can work for half a day and then have delays of a few minutes.

Why didn't your TV take off?

About the terminals not waking up. Both MT4, MT5 and Pushover are autorun and run in the background. And all do not have an icon in the tray. I.e. they are equally capable of being pushed out of memory. If All similar programs (without tray icon) are equally malfunctioning - then there is a problem with the system. This is easy to check. Run MT4, MT5 and a couple of others at the same time. Pushover has a 7 day trial.

If the problem is in the system - use all possible means to reduce the memory requirements and the probability of ousting the program in case of its shortage:

Secure such programs in memory with the built-in program manager.

Do not use task killers.

Disable any memory optimisation with special "optimisers" from the firmware.

In MIUI (Xiaomi) give all permissions and disable optimization for MT4/5.

Free the memory from unnecessary programs.

Use light versions of programs from 4pda.ru (except financial, banking, etc.).

Move less frequently running non-resident programs to SD.

Configure Android Memory Manager with a special program (requires root).

There may be something else I've missed...

Interested to hear more opinions from those with Android 8. How are they doing with fluff, were they successful with fine tuning files, did they need to root.