Time of writing the advisor - page 3

Maxim Romanov:
That's what I'm asking, what's the scope of the ToV. It took me about 7 months for my robot whose ToR is little more than 40 pages. But you have to understand that freelancers don't just do your work.

I had the biggest ToR, 55 sheets, and I didn't take it. Not because it was complicated, but because it was tedious and uninteresting. Everything is written in the most meticulous way, but there are zero thoughts in the strategy. And to kill the time of life for the sake of despicable money, and not so much - not mine. I sent him here. I don't know the rest.

Maxim Romanov:
How much does he charge per hour?

Maxim Romanov:

Perhaps the problem is an insufficiently elaborate assignment. Ideally, the condition should be formulated as clearly as possible, and the programmer should only create code. If it is not thought through somewhere, he will start thinking, and he may think for a long time and reluctantly, especially if you pay by the hour and in the end he will not come up with what you need. From the drawings it is not clear how zones are formed. More precisely, it is not obvious and not described. Without the job it is difficult to assess the complexity of the work, but there are 2 options, or a programmer is very poorly qualified or very poorly developed terms of reference, in your case. If you attach ToR, we will be able to assess the complexity of the algorithm and the adequacy of deadlines.

All there is fine, he worked with a man who knows this strategy by heart, a week before the new year, the programmer won the most difficult in his mind and that's how it began, they say the work is more complicated than he expected, I should add, he raised the price by 3 times, we began to press that most of the errors is his fault, not ours, he agreed And decided to switch to an hourly rate with reports, he wrote back saying that all the errors are known, we have an understanding of how to fix them, and since then 2 months have passed, and the situation is still the same, I think he works for a week, he sends a report, but nothing moves, every time I get one more pair of bugs to orders and that's it.And about qualification, I myself have ordered an owl for a strategy with indices, he wrote it for me clearly and quickly, and no problems.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Yes, I went back and saw it. I did not understand how the zones are built.

I also got confused during the first 2 lessons, but then I got it all.As the man explained to us, do not worry about how it works, it just works and for the second year I've seen that it works, I said I would throw out the rules, they have ToR, but then I risk losing a lot of money for me, because I'm not the only one reading this forum)) I just wanted to learn from the pros how often you meet an EA that takes half a year to work with, it costs money and it costs 2-3 thousand quid to write an owl in half a year, well, this is stupid, when you can write it for the same money in two months.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I had the biggest ToR on 55 sheets, and I didn't take it. Not because it was complicated, but because it was tedious and uninteresting. Everything is written out meticulously, but there are zero thoughts in the strategy. And to kill the time of life for the sake of despicable money, and not so much - not mine. I sent him here, I don't know what else to do.

Not always quantity equals quality, but I like more developers who write for the money than for the interest, because if interest fades in the process, and the work will go worse. However everyone has his own interest, I also ordered strategies known to be losing, for instance a completely random robot that does everything by chance. I realised that it was loss-making, but I was curious to see how it would work...

82Dmitry82:

All there is fine, he has a man working with him who knows this strategy by heart, a week before the new year, the programmer won the most difficult thing in his mind and that's how it began, they say the work is more complicated than his expectations, we should add, he raised the price by 3 times, we began to press the fact that most of the errors are his fault, not ours, he agreed And decided to switch to an hourly rate with reports, he wrote back saying that all the errors are known, we have an understanding of how to fix them, and since then 2 months have passed, and the situation is still the same, I think he works for a week, he sends a report, but nothing moves, every time I get one more pair of bugs to orders and that's it.And about qualification, I myself have ordered an owl for a strategy with indices, he wrote it for me clearly and quickly, and no problems.

I myself got in such situations, but I always ordered through freelance to at least some kind of protection. The only way out is to find a qualified enumerator and consult with him on the complexity of the terms of reference, and ask to see the quality of the code he has done. If the code is of high quality and the task is really difficult, then wait. And if the code is crooked or the task is not that complex, it is better to talk about payment and change the developer.

82Dmitry82:

My opinion, as someone who has written a lot on commission, is that paying by the hour remotely is not a good idea. In large projects, we used to split everything up into parts, and I would do it myself. So that each part could be tested separately and make sure it works.

And payment upon completion of each part, with a maximum deadline. Until retirement he will be sucking on your 800 / h). There should always be a clear plan.

82Dmitry82:

Hourly is a very bad idea.

82Dmitry82:

It's very cheap.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Hourly is a very bad idea.

How exactly is it bad?
The fun freelance platforms switched to time-based payment a long time ago.

Nikolay Khrushchev:

It's very cheap.

and what exactly is wrong with that?
the fun freelance platforms switched to pay-per-time a long time ago.

And how will a non-programmer control a programmer? If he doesn't understand a thing about what is written? I know, there are options when you work under a continuous broadcast of the screen. Do I need it?