I want to build a PC to work with MT5, what do you advise and why? - page 38

Pavel Verveyko #:

I was thinking 16, too. It's confusing that 16 cores in a single thread is slower than 12.
What is the basis for the idea of 128? Do you use all 64 in optimisation?

Can you elaborate a bit more on this topic ?

In single core tests, a 12 core processor will be faster than a 16 core processor. (This is AMD)
(e.g. base core frequency 3.5 vs. 3.7)
Did you get the idea?

Pavel Verveyko #:
In single core tests, a 12 core processor will be faster than a 16 core processor. (This is AMD)
(e.g. base core frequency 3.5 vs. 3.7)
Did you get the idea?

Yes - thank you.

Personally, I have a number of other considerations when choosing a home machine.

[x] a lot of cores and memory, the machine will run SQL servers (necessary for work).

[x] virtual machines will run on the machine ( for work )

[x] strong disc system , follows from the above , the main part of the disc system is SSD , sata of course also.

[x] the task to buy equipment that would not change the next 10 years or more, so you need to take the top at the moment.

--

There is still a question of choosing Intell or AMD, I'm leaning towards AMD Ryzen.

Yuriy Zaytsev #:

Yeah. Thank you.

Personally, I have a number of other positions when choosing a home machine.

[x] a lot of cores and memory, the machine will run SQL servers (necessary for work).

[x] virtual machines will run on the machine ( for work )

[x] strong disc system, follows from the above, the main part of the disc is SSD, sata of course also.

[x] task to buy equipment that would not change the next 10 years or more, so you need to take the top at the moment.

--

There is still a question of choosing Intell or AMD religion, I am leaning towards AMD Ryzen.

I fully share and apply your philosophy. Especially the last 2 lines)
I noticed that at such a period of time the motherboard or its drivers fly first.

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3995WX , now priced at around $7000, price to go on the market is over $5000 :) -------- Beautiful.

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO5975WX 32 cores 64 threads = $3,399

-----------------------------

more or less acceptable

AMD Ryzen Threadripper3960X, 3.8 GHz, 24 cores, 48 threads, up to 4.5 GHz, sTRX4 = 81k rbl, on amazon price 1099.99$

AMD Ryzen Threadripper2990WX 32 cores 64 threads, upto 4.2GHz =69k rubles

---

CPU Socket sTR4

Gigabyte TRX40 AORUS XTREME review found about 60 thousand rubles

ASUS ROG Zenith II Extreme review ( from 86k ---- to 127k )

in my opinion it's better to buy 2 maximum ryzen, they will be up to date, tredripper will be obsolete in 2 years already, and who will need them?

In mql, tredrippers have no advantages at all.

lynxntech #:

in my opinion it's better to buy 2 maximum ryzen, they will be relevant, tredripper will be obsolete in 2 years already, and who will need them?

And for optimisation it may be better to have more cores + sufficient memory of course ?
You can probably get a better understanding of the difference between Threadripper and regular Ryzen.

p.s.

According to the article Threadripper is the same as Ryzen but with more cores and threads.

Yuriy Zaytsev #:
And for optimisation it may be better to have more cores + sufficient memory of course ?
You can probably get a better understanding of the difference between Threadripper and regular Ryzen.

server and semi-server, for optimisation they have no advantages at all, the only thing is that they are in the same case.

lynxntech #:

in my opinion it's better to buy 2 maximum ryzen, they will be relevant, tredripper will be obsolete in 2 years already, and who will need them?

For example, you can compare approximately the same processors

1) AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (BOX) - 73 999 rubles; AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (Tray) - 68 400 rubles. 32 cores 64 threads OVERVIEW

2) AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX 32 cores 64 threads , Up to 4.2GHz = 69 thousand rubles OVERVIEW

--

the price is about the same

Флагманский 16-ядерный процессор AMD Ryzen 9 5950X подешевел до минимума в США и Китае
Флагманский 16-ядерный процессор AMD Ryzen 9 5950X подешевел до минимума в США и Китае
  • Dexter
  • www.ixbt.com
Как пишет источник, стоимость флагманского 16-ядерного процессора AMD Ryzen 9 5950X опустилась до новых минимумов в США и Китае. В США его цена на старте продаж составляла 800 долларов, потом снизилась до 600 долларов, и вот сейчас упала до 550 долларов. В Китае Ryzen 9 5950X стартовал с 6050 юаней — около 950 долларов по нынешнему курсу, а...

Yuriy Zaytsev #:

For example, you can compare roughly the same processors

1) AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (BOX) - 73 999 rubles; AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (Tray) - 68 400 rubles. 32 cores 64 threads

2) AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX 32 cores 64 threads , Up to 4.2GHz = 69 thousand rubles

--

the price is about the same

you can argue for a long time, looking at the aftermarket, I'll go with a regular ryzen.