I want to build a PC to work with MT5, what do you advise and why? - page 37

I'm thinking of upgrading a bit...
Increasing RAM from 32 to 64 GB, how much of an obvious advantage is this for MT4/5.
(CL16 timings and 3200 frequency are the same in both cases)
What do you think?

memory size and its speed is the most critical indicator. Next to the number of cores.

You can never have too much memory. If you have the opportunity to add more - add it without a second thought.

You may have a relatively old/weak CPU, but as long as you have plenty of RAM and video, nothing will slow down significantly.

Pavel Verveyko #:
I'm thinking of upgrading a bit...
Increasing RAM from 32 to 64 GB, how much of an obvious advantage is this for MT4/5.
What do you think?

RAM speed has almost no effect on MT5/MT4 performance. Capacity - depending on tasks - minimum 1 gigabyte per thread.

Pavel Verveyko #:
Thinking of upgrading a bit...
Who thinks what?

On maxing out the motherboard. Will prolly prolong the viability.

Maxim Kuznetsov #:

memory size and its speed is the most critical indicator. Next is the number of cores.

You can never have too much memory. If you have the opportunity to add more - add it without a second thought.

You may have a relatively old/weak CPU, but as long as you have plenty of RAM and video, nothing will slow down significantly.

I am also more inclined that it is better to add.
But it turned out that AM4 motherboards have different memory slots(
In fact, only slots A2 and B2 work at 3200. And this suggests that you need to sell 2 16 slots and buy 2 32 slots.
AM3 was a great socket))))

And one more thing, maybe someone has experimented or knows.
If I take a RAM with a frequency of 3600(XMP) and 3000(XMP), at 3200 without XMP it will be problematic to use it?

Pavel Verveyko #:
And one more thing, maybe someone who has experimented or knows.
If you take a RAM with a frequency of 3600(XMP) and 3000(XMP), at 3200 without XMP it will be problematic to use it?

3200 now any memory will work, 3600 is not every..., on AM4 it is important to have a fresh bios, if the board from the shop is an old revision, there may be problems with high frequencies.

3000(XMP) will easily run at least 3333mhz.

lynxntech #:

3200 now any memory will work, 3600 not every memory..., on AM4 it is important to have a fresh bios, if the board from the shop is an old revision, there may be problems with high frequencies.

3000(XMP) will easily work at least 3333mhz.

Apparently the board is better to take the latest one

1) BATTERY ( socket chip memory size should be 128 )

2) Memory ( from 64 at least , probably better 128 )

3) Processor ( AND or INTEL ) better probably from AND RYZEN any from 16 threads and more.

Yuriy Zaytsev #:

Apparently it's better to get the latest board.

1) Board ( socket chip memory size should be 128 )

2) Memory ( 64 at least, 128 is probably better)

3) Processor ( AND or INTEL ) better probably from AND RYZEN any of 16 threads and more.

I thought about 16 threads too. It is confusing that 16 cores in a single thread are slower than 12.
What is the basis for the idea of 128? Do you use all 64 in optimisation?

Pavel Verveyko #:

I was thinking 16, too. It's confusing that 16 cores in a single thread is slower than 12.
What is the basis for the idea of 128? Do you use all 64 in optimisation?

Well the idea about memory is the following, you can never have too much memory, it's better to get a good memory margin.

I have one old machine, bought in 2009, it was quite top of the line back then. Proz I7, 12 gigs of memory, in those years in those machines 2 gigs was already a lot.

So this horse is still vigorous, but the board more than 12 gigs does not support, the socket is no longer pops out.

Actually, the machine is 13 years old, but it is decently vigorous. I just do not see any reason to change.