Creating a trading robot - page 22

Georgiy Merts:

Even if it is an unrealistic return?

Cool.

Well... Waiting for a demo account. Good luck, sometimes with this approach may be lucky.

What do you mean "unrealistic" returns? The emulation of tick data for MT-4 tester is (in my opinion) quite decent

and sufficiently adequate to the initial ticks. The processing of both data is done by the Expert Advisor

almost equally. The only thing left is to make your EA properly, not as it should be or as it will be.

For MT-4 or MT-5 it's not so important (I have them both installed and working normally).

Actually, the first problem that needs to be solved is which input data should be used by the graphical TS: ticks, OHLC M1, or something else.

The topic is so ambiguous and vast, that we can stop at this stage of the branch. Traders will never come to a consensus on this issue.

Finita la comedy, gentlemen!

The only solution - thematic branches, where the topic-starter directively indicates the method of receiving and processing quotes, and then it will sort of go by itself, leading people to the right path to the Holy Grail. And Fedoseev will quickly implement the Grail in MQL code - and voila, no need to go to the factory.

aleger:

What do you mean by "unrealistic" returns? Emulation of tick data for MT-4 tester is (in my opinion) quite decent

and sufficiently adequate to the initial ticks. The processing of both data is done by the Expert Advisor

almost equally. The only thing left is to make your EA properly, not as it should be or as it will be.

And for MT-4 or MT-5, it is not a matter of principle.

Ticks are adequate for five minutes ???

I suggest once again to put the Expert Advisor on a demo account and see how it works. Judging by the submitted report - the testing of your Expert Advisor should be conducted - roughly on a mode not less than OHLC 1M, better of course,"every tick is based on the real ones". Where the EA is, in MT4 or MT5 - it really doesn't matter, but in MT4 there are no such modes. That's the whole reason for my scepticism.

But surely you might get lucky. Go ahead, good luck. Looking forward to the demo account.

Alexander_K2:

Actually, the first problem that needs to be solved is which input data should be used by the graphical TS: ticks, OHLC M1, or something else.

The topic is so ambiguous and vast, that we can stop at this stage of the branch. Traders will never come to a consensus on this question.

What is there to think about? Of course, if there are no limitations of computing resources - we must use the "every tick based on the real ones" mode. All other modes are only used because there is not enough capacity. For example, I'm testing my League TS in OHLC 1M mode - but my timeframe is minimum M15, and most of my TS is working on hours. And the take-stops are usually larger than the daily volatility, even the breakeven is at least 10% of the daily volatility. For scalpers, who are so liked by the people - there is no choice, only the "every tick based on the real ones" mode.

Good day!

Please advise how to arrange dynamic grid sag in an EA, for example, to increase STEP constant by 1.6 times.

I understand that it's not a very complicated function...

Anton Sivkov:

Good day!

Please advise how to arrange dynamic grid sag in the EA, for example, to increase STEP constant by 1.6 times.

I understand that it's not quite a tricky function...

yes, it's a multiplication

Georgiy Merts:

Are the tics adequate for five minutes ???

Once again I suggest you put your EA on a demo account, and see how it performs. I'm sure the difference will surprise you. Judging by the submitted report - the testing of your Expert Advisor should take place - roughly on a mode not less than OHLC 1M, better of course,"every tick based on real ones". Where the EA is, in MT4 or MT5 - it really doesn't matter, but in MT4 there are no such modes. That's the whole reason for my skepticism.

But of course, you may get lucky. Go ahead, good luck. Looking forward to the demo account.

You do not need this demo account, you are not interested in it yet. First you have to get the program to follow the current

and all subsequent trends from their beginning to the end, and do what's necessary

to deliver the required returns, and then everything else after that.

Georgiy Merts:

What is there to think about? Certainly, if we have no computational resource constraints - we should use the "every tick based on real ones" mode. All other modes are used only because there is not enough capacity. For scalpers, which people like so much - there is no choice, only mode "every tick based on real.

I would never agree - sorry Georges.

The ticks themselves are the most unambiguous loss, because the notion of "time" is lost in Forex. And if someone has found something on ticks, it means that he was just lucky and by some miracle found his own grail. So, let him enjoy this.

We are interested in a universal system that will always and everywhere work.

The most correct way to read it is every N seconds, where N is any integer. And it doesn't matter whether it is a real tick or a pseudo-quote. We just read it and that's it.

Alas, from this point of view, archives are available only for OHLC M1 and higher... A very rough estimate... One can only regret it... If only MT had the ability to work with second TFs... Eh...

Well, never mind.

Personally I read data every 20 sec. myself, and for test checks I use archives of second TFs from Dukas.

Alexander_K2:

I would never agree - sorry, Georges.

Ticks in themselves are the most unambiguous drain, because the concept of "time" is lost in forex. And if someone has found something on ticks, it means that he was just lucky and by some miracle found his own grail. So, let him enjoy this.

We are interested in a universal system that will always and everywhere work.

The most correct way to read it is every N seconds, where N is any integer. And it doesn't matter whether it is a real tick or a pseudo-quote. We just read it and that's it.

Alas, from this point of view, archives are available only for OHLC M1 and higher... A very rough estimate... One can only regret it... If only MT had the ability to work with second TFs... Eh...

Well, never mind.

Personally I read data every 20 seconds, and for testing I use archives of one-second timeframe from Dukas.

The price may move 150 4-digit points within 19 seconds.

Every tick is important. The timeframe is not important. The price is indicated at any time.

It doesn't matter what timeframe analysis is carried out. The current price is important.

Anton Sivkov:

Good day!

Please advise how to arrange dynamic grid sag in an EA, for example, to increase STEP constant by 1.6 times.

I guess it's not quite a tricky function...

Download Ilana from Kodobase and don't worry about it.