Market and products (experts) without monitoring. - page 4

Ivan Pochta:

They've been selling via the frontends for a very long time. Maybe 10 years ago. The reason is different:

Seller sales drop due to product quality -> Cancel moderation to keep the Marketplace profitable -> This causes the opposite effect: even more products and less quality, which siphons off customers.

The real steps are:

1. Close the publication of new products;

Oblige to publish 2 versions: MT4 and MT5, as the quality of MT5 is much higher. When buying a product, the buyer gets both versions: MT4 and MT5;

3. Remove the products from the Market, which have not had a single sale within 1-3 months;

4. Introduce a mandatory product monitoring system.

A person has to see on the product page not a video of the visualizer, how to become a millionaire in the tester, or strange screenshots, but real monitoring, not the author's one.

And the number of off-market bots sold (on the landing pages and third-party services) is already much higher than on the market, and the sales volumes are falling even more.

In general, I agree.

The main problem is the failure of EAs as a sales product. They will always disappoint customers. It's an inevitability.

Need to understand this nuance, and focus on the sale of trading utilities, and semi-automatic programs. There is less demand for them, and the quality is more obvious.

If requirements to EAs in the Market are too strict, the sellers will start losing interest. If they are too relaxed, buyers will be more likely to be disappointed.

Eventually, EAs will "destroy" any shop they are sold in. It's only a matter of time.

Ivan Pochta:

Easy: separately MT4 and MT5. We are not talking about compatible code, we are talking about 2 products: MT4 version and MT5 version. Why would a person buy the MT5 version if he already bought a similar one for MT4? The buyer chooses which platform to use, but MT5 has many pluses compared to MT4.

I'm going a bit to the extreme here, but how do you see an OpenCL based product analog for MT4? My personal opinion: your suggestion is a very bad idea.

Serhii Shevchuk:
I'm going a bit far to the extreme here but how do you see an OpenCL-based product analogue for MT4? My personal opinion: your suggestion is a very bad idea.

Functions that can be implemented in MT4 can be implemented in MT5, conversely not all. MT4 is an obsolete platform. I raised this topic earlier on the forum, but it has fallen into oblivion. Of course, if we are talking about working with API, etc., it's not there in MT4. But for the end user (he doesn't understand it yet), MT5 is much more promising even from EA testing aspect.

Реter Konow:

In general, I agree.

The main problem, is the failure of advisers as a sales product. They will always disappoint customers. This is an inevitability.

You need to understand this nuance and focus on selling trading utilities and semi-automatic programs. There is less demand for them, and the quality is more obvious.

If requirements to EAs in the Market are too strict, the sellers will start losing interest. If they are too relaxed, buyers will be more likely to be disappointed.

Eventually, EAs will "destroy" any shop they are sold in. It's just a matter of time.

Is that why robot sleuths with calendars stitched in should be sold? And tester grails, after sales of which the authors evaporate after a month?

We are talking about EAs first and foremost, not utilities and indicators...

Ivan Pochta:

Is that why we should sell robot sleuths with calendars stitched in? And tester grails, after selling them the authors evaporate after a month?

Please read it a little more carefully. I wrote "focus on selling trading utilities, and semi-automatic programs. There' s less demand for them, and the quality is more obvious."

Реter Konow:

Please read it a little more carefully. I wrote "focus on selling trading utilities, and semi-automatic programs.There is less demand for them, and the quality is more obvious".

People want trading advisors that trade while they're at work. What's the point of stamping copies? There are already good ones that perform the same function.

The point of EAs is that one buys the ALGORITHM in the first place. And Demand is much higher than for everything else.

Ivan Pochta:

Real steps:

1. Close the publication of new products;

2. oblige to publish 2 versions: MT4 and MT5, as the quality of MT5 tests is much higher. When buying a product, the buyer gets both versions: MT4 and MT5;

3. Remove the products from the Market, which have not had a single sale within 1-3 months;

4. Introduce an obligatory monitoring system for products.

A person has to see on the product page not a video of the visualizer, how to become a millionaire in the tester, or strange screenshots, but real monitoring, not the author's one.

And the number of off-market bots (landing pages and third-party services) is much higher than on the market, and yet the sales volumes are falling.

Well, you're breaking up:)

Market has chosen the correct path of development, just like other world marketplaces - the maximum freedom for sellers and the maximum choice for buyers. Of all the restrictions you suggested, only mandatory monitoring of the account has a real prospect.

Sergey Basov:

This Japanese example could easily turn out to be just a collection of more or less good quality EAs from naive sellers of mql5.com Marketplace in order to put their clones in the same mql5.com Marketplace.

Forced monitoring of EA's trading without access to it by the seller-programmer of the EA is some kind of utopia.

But this seems to be true.
We have been working with these Japanese until they asked for the source code to "check and test".
That was the end of our cooperation.

Andrey Kolmogorov:

You're going off the deep end :)

The market has chosen the right path for its development, just like other global marketplaces - maximum freedom for sellers and maximum choice for buyers. Of all the restrictions you suggested, only mandatory account monitoring has real promise.

On the marketplace, people are selling software that manages their money, and the concept of "absolute freedom" etc. is irrelevant here. Freedom has to be regulated in this case. Is the US a free economy? Yes, but it is regulated by the Fed.

Ivan Pochta:

People want trading advisers that trade while they are at work. What's the point of stamping copies? There are already good ones that perform the same function.

The point of EAs is that one buys an ALGORITHM in the first place. And Demand is much higher than for anything else.

Yes, and there's a major catch. If you go down the demand path, there is bound to be DEGRADATION of buyers. The brains of buyers will degrade from their desire for easy profits. This has to be counteracted.

IN ALGOTRADING, SELLERS NEED TO GUIDE THE DEMAND THEMSELVES.

If one goes along with the buyers, demand will lead sellers to stampede tester grails, abusing optimisation.

This stalemate is formed precisely because neither sellers nor Market, regulate demand, but go along with it.

Therefore, gridlock is inevitable.