[CLOSED] : Compiler bug with template parameter = void* - page 11

A100:

unnecessary brackets, as has already been noted here, make it difficult to understand

Some people do the opposite.

Even such warnings are useful.

fxsaber:
Even such warnings are useful.

Don't get confused: it was about allegedly forgotten brackets, not warnings in general

A100:

Don't get confused: the question was about supposedly forgotten brackets, not about warnings in general

I'm talking about warnings in general. Is it necessary to make a warning in a trader's programming language where non-professional programmers are highly likely to make a mistake?

fxsaber:

I'm talking about warnings in general. Is it necessary to make a warning in a trader's programming language where there is a high probability of error by non-professional programmers?

And who determines this probability? fxsaber?

I have repeatedly encountered this question on this forum - why 2.0 and not 2.5?

double k = 5/2;

But something the compiler here doesn't generate any warnings!

A100:

But there's no warning from the compiler here!

It would be nice if it did.

I think this chorus could go on forever. The reason is the level of competence of the disputers. As the saying goes, hungry man does not know what he's hungry about, and vice versa).

To have both wolves have been satisfied and the sheep intact, it should be possible to configure a list of such warnings in ME. Or at least choose a category of difficulty: beginner, amateur, pro :)

Ilya Malev:
Pardon me for being off-topic, but tell me if anyone knows: is there any way in mql to get int from void*ptr except (int)StringFormat("%i",ptr)?

And what is the sense in such value, if you get only 4 bytes out of 8. Moreover, the Developers have explicitly prohibited conversion of the pointer value to ulong (before it was possible and believe me, high bits were non-zero).

Alexey Navoykov:

In order to keep the wolves well and the sheep intact, it should be possible to customize the list of such warnings in ME. Or at least to choose the category of difficulty: beginner, amateur, pro :)

It is enough to disable warnings by number (through MetaEditor it is not visible, but it is there) that I do through the command compiler

A100:

And who determines that probability?

The developers. As is the case with OrderSend, for example.