My approach. The core is the engine. - page 164

Anyway, I'll publish and everything will become clear. I'd rather spend time on my work and continue the discussion after publication. Otherwise, it's all too hollow.

Реter Konow:

At the most basic level. Beginners can do it easily.

If you need to know MQL, why learn and use your engine?

After all, everything can be done in MQL

prostotrader:

If you need to know MQL, why learn and use your engine?

After all, everything can be done in MQL

It's a useful thing. I, for example, have to deal with boxes, checkboxes, etc. for a day. It's better to plug in a ready-made and tried-and-true solution.

Aliaksandr Hryshyn:
The thing is useful. For me, for example, a day to deal with boxes, checkboxes, etc.. It's better to plug in a ready and tested solution.
Let me ask you one question.
Peter very often talks about an important advantage of his engine - the ability to use it in the marketplace.
Let's assume, purely hypothetically, that Peter manages to get his engine up to speed: no bugs, speed increases many times over and close to what is potentially possible, graphics and design elements become pleasing to the eye and even if he implements a handy graphical constructor, which would result in not needing to learn his markup language.
Will you use his engine for your paid products in the marketplace?
Just don't forget that you will have to explain to the users in the product description that the user needs to download the free engine from a link, run it in any separate window and keep it running (i.e. not close it unintentionally). Whereas your competitors will have the entire GUI simply built into the product itself without this hassle. After all, even experienced programmers are not immediately grasped the meaning and essence of the engine in this branch, and imagine the bewilderment of ordinary users.
Or will you still spend your day?

Nikolai Semko:

Suppose, purely hypothetically, that Petr manages to get his engine up to speed: no bugs, speed increases many times over and close to what is potentially possible, graphics and design elements become pleasing to the eye and even let him implement a convenient graphical constructor, which would result in not needing to learn his markup language.
Although in that case I think Renat won't mind buying his engine from Peter and incorporating it into MT. :))

Nikolai Semko:
Let me ask you one question.
Peter very often talks about an important advantage of his engine - the ability to use it in the marketplace.
Let's assume, purely hypothetically, that Peter manages to get his engine up to speed: no bugs, speed increases many times over and close to what is potentially possible, graphics and design elements become pleasing to the eye and even if he implements a handy graphical constructor, which would result in not needing to learn his markup language.
Will you use his engine for your paid products in the marketplace?
Just don't forget that you will have to explain to users in the product description that the user needs to download the free engine from a link, run it in any separate window and keep it running (i.e. not close it unintentionally). Whereas your competitors will have the entire GUI simply built into the product itself without this hassle. After all, even experienced programmers are not immediately grasped the meaning and essence of the engine in this branch, and imagine the bewilderment of ordinary users.
Or will you still spend your day?

According to existing rules you can't distribute products with additional dependencies through the marketplace. Furthermore, I suspect that such a thing is legally forbidden or rather difficult .

Maxim Kuznetsov:

The existing rules do not allow to distribute products with additional dependencies through the marketplace. Moreover, I suspect that this is legally prohibited or rather difficult.

Admittedly, I'm not familiar with the issue.
Although technically I don't see a crime, I think iCustom can be used, although it is also a dependency.

Since Peter's GUI is an additional file (indicator) - it is no longer suitable for the marketplace, because there must be one file in the marketplace.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
Since the GUI from Petr is an additional file (indicator) - it is no longer suitable for the marketplace, because there must be one file in the marketplace.
As I understand it, the Expert Advisor or indicator will be able to work without Petr's engine. Just the GUI will not. Once you start the kernel, the GUI will appear. So there should be no problems

Nikolai Semko:
As I understand it, the Expert Advisor or indicator will be able to work without the Peter engine. There just won't be a GUI.

I guess so. But if a GUI, that's another file, and that's not possible in the marketplace.