My approach. The core is the engine. - page 37

Artyom Trishkin:

Here, by the way, for some reason no one has noticed the discrepancy between Peter's goal and his niche. He wants to displace manual trading. But he does his job for those who trade by hand. Such a goal seems strange to me: "I'll give you something that will kill your usual trading arrangement... I am a kind guy who has come to break everything that you were used to - now you will work by my rules". Will it bring him success?

"You're kind of weird, Billy" ...

Alas, all too often, businesses operate on these principles... It is just a wrapping of these principles which is beautiful and benevolent. It's called marketing. And nothing would have developed in the World otherwise.

Реter Konow:

Here, George, I've said many times that there is a ready-made markup language. Why would anyone want to mess with the code? He gets the language and does what he needs.

If the user doesn't have enough graphics and needs animation, he can do it in his application.

One more thing: the market will ALWAYS be flooded. Nothing will change this fact. Well, let them drain with powerful, beautiful semi-automatics. At least they will feel better morally).

In all seriousness,no program will change the ratio of those who drain to those who earn.

But even after losing money, they will continue to use a semi-automatic program. Because it's N E D O N R A C E.

So it can be rented out.

I've seen these markup languages... One of the most idiotic inventions of mankind in the last era. In addition to one language, you have to learn another one, just to arrange the buttons on the form... ...and not some reasonably personal language, but some particularly nerdy one.

You'll still need to be able to manage all the controls from the code, so why pay twice? I don't understand the point of creating markup languages (except for html and xml, but that's another area), unless the goal was to fuck people's brains out en masse.

Semi-automated programmes. Who's the marketer here, Peter?

I have written a huge number of custom-made Expert Advisors, indicators, everything I could. Semi-automatic has been ordered - only once! Once in the history of my EA writing! There was something with two lines for setting orders. Even the semi-automatic has no connection to the gui - with windows and buttons.

It's also a category of "semi-automatic" - a regular EA picking up manual orders. But there is no gui at all.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

I've seen these markup languages... One of the most idiotic inventions of mankind in the last era. In addition to one language, you have to learn another one, just to put buttons on a form... ...and not some reasonably personal language, but some particularly nerdy one.

You'll still need to be able to manage all the controls from the code, so why pay twice? I don't understand the point of creating markup languages (except for html and xml, but that's another area), unless the goal was to fuck people's brains out en masse.

Mass dissemination. This is what a markup language is for.

Mass distribution of a product is achieved by controlling the values of the following variables:

1. Popularity. (This is a variable with an undefined value. Today it's not needed, you advertise it, tomorrow it will be interesting, the day after tomorrow it will be in demand).
  2. Ease of use. (Compared to what you have. Can increase with technology development.)
  3. New features (A variable which is constantly increasing in value as the product develops).
  4. Quality. (Variable, the value of which also grows with the development of the product).

In terms of difficulty of use, libraries rank first, Markup Language second, and Wiz.studio third.

Реter Konow:

Here, George, I've said many times that there is a ready-made markup language. Why would anyone want to mess with the code? He gets the language and does what he needs.

If the user doesn't have enough graphics and needs animation, he can do it in his application.

One more thing: the market will ALWAYS be flooded. Nothing will change this fact. Well, let them drain with powerful, beautiful semi-automatics. At least they will feel better morally).

In all seriousness,no program will change the ratio of those who drain to those who earn.

But even after losing money, they will continue to use a semi-automatic program. Because it's N E D O R A C E.

So you can rent it out.

That's what I said, because for the first writing, the markup language is fine.

And then, bang, a user sends in a bug report. And what do the programmer, who uses your library, do? He now has to decide whether he has an error or you do. And you are busy at that time. The programmer has to scrupulously track the correctness of reference to the library with this very markup language, which, I repeat, is very easy to get confused, precisely because instead of "cutting off" all the features except for those that are needed at any given time, the language gives full access and freedom at any point. Fishing out bugs in such code is much harder.

That's why - I don't see the very "niche" that your library is designed for. The user has to take the library, do something with it - and since he trades manually, he will do based on his intuitive system. And then - you propose to rent him this very system (along with your library) for another user, who also trades manually? And the other user has another system, also intuitive, and the one you just made won't suit him. He won't rent it.

Once again, the "narrowness of the niche" is at issue. Figuratively speaking, you "create stamps for Babylonian cuneiform". No one disputes, it is easier to write Babylonian cuneiform texts on clay with such stamps than to press out wedge hieroglyphs with a single wedge knife. But do many people need such stamps? Most people have no interest in Babylonian. And those who do have an interest in it will write in cuneiform with ordinary writing pens. And you are left with a very few people who are interested in Babylonian, but prefer not to write on paper, but to use clay (those who can program, but prefer to trade by hand). And how many of them are there ?

Georgiy Merts:

That's what I said - for the first time, the markup language is fine.

And then, bam, a user sends a bug report. And what do the programmer, who uses your library, do? He now has to decide whether he has an error or you do. And you are busy at that time. The programmer has to scrupulously track the correctness of reference to the library with this very markup language, which, I repeat, is very easy to get confused, precisely because instead of "cutting off" all the features except for those that are needed at any given time, the language gives full access and freedom at any point. Fishing out bugs in such code is much harder.

That's why - I don't see the very "niche" that your library is designed for. The user has to take the library, do something with it - and since he trades manually, he will do based on his intuitive system. And then - you propose to rent him this very system (along with your library) for another user, who also trades manually? And the other user has another system, also intuitive, and the one you just made won't suit him. He won't rent it.

We again encounter the "narrowness of the niche". Figuratively speaking, you "create stamps for Babylonian cuneiform". No one disputes that it is easier to write Babylonian cuneiform texts with such stamps than to draw wedge-shaped hieroglyphs with a single wedge-shaped knife. But do many people need such stamps? Most people have no interest in Babylonian. And those who do have an interest in it will write in cuneiform with ordinary writing pens. And you are left with a very few people who are interested in Babylonian but prefer not to write on paper, but to use clay. How many of them are there?

Modern users have degraded to the end because of tester grails. They need to be pulled towards a little complexity and responsibility for their actions. Otherwise - a complete degradation of algotrading.

I don't see any other future for the algotrading niche. Honestly, I don't...

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Semi-automated programmes. Who's the marketer here, Peter?

I have written a huge number of custom-made Expert Advisors, indicators, everything I could. Semi-automatic has been ordered - only once! Once in the history of my EA writing! There was something with two lines for setting orders. Even the semi-automatic has no connection to the gui - with windows and buttons.

It's also a category of "semi-automatic" - a regular EA picking up manual orders. But there is no gui at all.

By the way, yes. I too have written so many on order that it can already be considered a statistic. And only three were semi-automated with panels. And Peter has no statistics - only dreams.

Реter Konow:

Today's users are degraded by the grail of testering. They need to be pulled towards a little complexity and responsibility for their actions. Otherwise, a complete degradation of algotrading.

I don't see any other future for the algotrading niche. Honestly, I don't.

Well, well... Go for it, Peter.

You're right about "degradation", but I think you're being presumptuous about "pulling users".

But, go ahead. There might be someone out there who can program, but trades in 'hands on'.

Artyom Trishkin:
By the way, yes. I've also written so many bespoke ones that can already be considered a statistic. And only three were semi-automated with panels. And Peter has no statistics - only dreams.

here I decided to recall EAs with a panel - I've made bespoke panels for manual trading 4 times.

But they keep asking me to add buttons to my panel. - Sending to freelancing (I haven't done custom programming myself for a long time now)

Artyom Trishkin:
By the way, yes. I've also written so many custom ones, which can already be considered a statistic. And only three were semi-autos with panels. And Peter has no statistics - only dreams.

I've got 20-25 Expert Advisors in forums this year, 2 of them trading panels, and I've created one myself. I could have done without it, but I needed one button - I wanted to get into MQL graphic features, so I offered skillfully )))). Total 1 semi-automatic with panel