My approach. The core is the engine. - page 21

Реter Konow:

Therefore, the effectiveness of the approach is beyond question. After all, it was created and polished by trying to solve an unrealistic task for one person.

Efficiency, productivity, reliability, usability and much more, are precisely in doubt.

And you apparently have no idea what projects were created alone.

Реter Konow:

The problem with algotrading is not the traders' profits. It's the passion for algotrading itself.

Given your abilities, if you used your time and effort to find profitable strategies rather than programming for programming, you might be a millionaire by now).

pavlick_:
I would not be disappointed after many years. You overestimate the importance of gui. Peter, that would make a console, I might myself would use (although without it I do not suffer), and the gui, forget it.

Don't... Don't tell me.

Peter is positioning his system as a library of visual controls for manual or, at most, semi-automatic trading. And here, I agree, a handy GUI is very appropriate.

However, as I've repeatedly said - I do not understand the target audience. People who are absolutely uneducated in programming, who trade manually, even having a great experience in trading - would not be able to use it. People experienced in programming and selling hand-trading through the Market - will hardly use someone else's work, if only because when difficulties appear - it would be hard to understand another's code, and given the Peters brand style - virtually unrealistic.

Who's left? Only a narrow layer of people who write something for themselves, but at the same time - trade manually, and have sufficient experience in manual trading. Yes, I think such a library would be interesting for them. The question - how many such people?

Georgiy Merts:

Hmmm...

It would be interesting to see how you can get DEVELOPMENT "with a few lines of code" ?

This often happens to me. Sometimes a few lines of code, unexpectedly, can increase a lot of possibilities.

For example: I made an engine for Oleg Papkov and connected it to his Expert Advisor. Then he asked me to add the ability to change colours of window elements from his program. This capability was missing. I added a few lines in a couple of functions and a few more properties and the opportunity appeared. And even more than he asked.

Such examples are not very rare. That's why I'm talking about extraordinary leaps in program development in my approach.

Реter Konow:

This often happens to me. There are times when a few lines, unexpectedly, increase the possibilities noticeably.

For example: I made an engine for Oleg Papkov and connected it to his EA. Then he asked me to add the ability to change colours of window elements from his program. This capability was missing. I added a few lines in a couple of functions and a few more properties and the opportunity appeared. And even more than he asked.

Such examples are not very rare. That's why I'm talking about extraordinary leaps in program development in my approach.

Well, maybe, maybe... I'm following the development... And you should think about grid control... It's quite useful for displaying short tables...

More examples of developmental leaps:

It took me a long time to solve the problem of decomposing a colour into a range of shades. Finally, I wrote a function. After that, I changed the drawing block a bit and suddenly - the whole graphics went to a new level of quality. The gradients began to be drawn correctly.

It became unusually easy to add the keywords to the markup language, when instead of dozens of functions that set the properties of the objects, I made one universal function. It is very complicated, but takes up 10 times less space. And this function has simplified the development of the markup language so much that I can now easily extend it.

Greetings!

The most important thing is that your programme makes money in the market.

Georgiy Merts:

Well, maybe, maybe... I'll keep an eye on the development... Think about the grid control... It's a very useful thing to have for short tables...

Okay. (Sighs) I'll think about it.

Yury Kulikov:

I use my own library, the foundation was made in about a month. And then slowly evolved as new needs arose. Note that new functionality was usually added in less than one working day.

Can you tell me some free GUI builders that could write the MQL code for graphics?

I want to do something similar to Delphi Drag-and-Drop, but I haven't found a free GUI builder that would allow me to add MQL-code for graphics.

Igor Makanu:

Can you suggest a free GUI builder that would allow to write the MQL code for graphics?

I want to make something similar to Delphi Drag-and-Drop, but I haven't found any free constructor that would allow me to add MQL-code for graphics

Create your own control. It's not a long one.

The value of a gui is furthermore determined by how easy it is to create custom controls for it.

There is practically nothing to do here - the chart is already ready and consists of one graphic item.