Are you ready to entrust dealing centres with at least $10,000? - page 5

hartmann:
And if you already know you're cool, why should you spend money on pretentiousness to prove to yourself that you're cool?)

I agree, it's better to get rid of your complexes.

Generally speaking, in our unstable society - today you are cool, tomorrow you are not. Money, if you have it, of course, should not be squandered on things you don't need or don't like, it (the money) can be very useful to you in the future.

If someone has 100k extra quid and can't imagine their life without trading, I would advise them not to entrust the money to some brokerage company, and to open a brokerage company by themselves.

hartmann:
If you already know that you are cool, then why should you spend money on tricks to prove to yourself that you are cool?)

Ooh... don't tell me, don't tell me... HUF (pompousness) is an important human need that all psychologists recognise. And the term 'demonstrative consumption' describes this phenomenon. And if to put it simply, it is well described by N. Nosov in "Dunno on the Moon":

For example, one rich person will build himself a big house and another will look at it and say: "Oh, you built such a big house, and I'll build twice as big! One gets a cook and a footman, and the other says, "Well, I'll get not only a cook and a footman, but also a doorman. One will hire a dozen servants, and the other will say, "Well, I'll hire two dozen, and I'll put a fireman in a helmet in my yard under a shed. One starts three cars, the other starts five. And he also boasts: "I, he says, am better than he is. He only has three cars, and I have five". You see, everybody wants to show that he is better than others and since intelligence, kindness and honesty are not valued in any way in our country, only wealth is bragged of in front of one another. There is no limit here. Vanity is such a thing: nothing can satiate it. I have experienced it myself, brother, what a nasty thing it is.

Georgiy Merts:

Ooh... don't tell me, don't tell me... HUF (pompousness) is an important human need that all psychologists recognise. And the term 'demonstrative consumption' describes this phenomenon. And if to put it simply, it is well described by N. Nosov in "Know-Nothing on the Moon":

For example, one rich person will build himself a big house, and the other will look at it and say, "Oh, you built such a house, and I'll build twice as big!" One gets a cook and a footman, and the other says, "Well, I'll get not only a cook and a footman, but also a doorman. One will hire a dozen servants, and the other will say, "Well, I'll hire two dozen, and I'll put a fireman in a helmet in my yard under a shed. One starts three cars, the other starts five. And he also boasts: "I, he says, am better than he is. He only has three cars, and I have five". Everybody wants to show that they are better than others and since intelligence, kindness and honesty are not valued in any way in our country, only wealth is bragged of in front of one another. There is no limit here. Vanity is such a thing: nothing can satiate it. I have experienced it myself, brother, what a nasty thing it is.

Up to 40 I was in some way such, but after, gained wisdom, and realized that there is no one to show off, there are other more important goals in life, and priorities than crappy iPhones, and trainers from Cardin for $ 2000

P.S. When I was "young" I lived in the same day as many others, but as I grew older I realized I had to look to the future.

Vasilii Apostolidi:

If you have a CBRF licence

In practice, the Central Bank licence means absolutely nothing. Only as an advertising resource. All the VCs with a licence have done is open a "representative office" in a Russian jurisdiction (which complies with the requirements of the Central Bank). However, 99% of clients still have accounts in the "Bahamas" and are out of the Central Bank's sight. The notorious broker T was also one of the first to get a licence, although it has long been the leader in fraud allegations from its clients and this has not prevented it.

Before Russia was baptised, money was scarce and the trade was predominantly menial. The skins of fur-bearing animals were highly valued. In fact, they were used as money in exchange for goods. And wealthy merchants to show their wealth, wore valuable fur coats (not to be confused with rabbits :) ), regardless of the time of year. If you compare the oligarchs of those times with today's, it looked as if the oligarch wore clothes made entirely of dollars. So, the ponces were still there to stand out and show their status :)

The question of conspicuous consumption is not as simple as it may seem, there are unspoken social conventions, traditions, how one should behave, what to have and how one should look as a representative of a particular social status, profession, etc. Incongruences in this at least complicate communication, because they distort the communication protocol, it's like when web browser server sends not familiar HTTP, but something amateurish and althoughhttp protocol is quite error-prone, when there is not even an incongruence in the communication protocol, people do not know how to treat you and interact with you.

Breaches in social protocols make life difficult for those you communicate with (even just those who see you), people don't know how to relate to you and interact with you. It is rare that hiding your social and economic status is worth doing, usually it's the opposite, everyone wants to pretend to be rich and powerful without being so, because it simplifies communication, people want and like to communicate with significant and promising, even those who CAN look like that, rather than with losers who can not even pretend.

Only criminals can meaningfully hide their wealth and influence, and usually they find it very hard, or psychopaths who are socially-emotionally underdeveloped, they have no (much less) need for communication and respect, which a normal person should have, I do not even talk about sex, it is the most basic need, if there is none then everything is very bad.

So stories about pennies and constipation are obviously stories about criminals, and when a billionaire collects bottles of urine and avoids the press, it means he's off his rocker, and the psychosis starts with not expensive cars and tasteless clothes.

Vitalii Ananev:
Before Russia was baptised, money was scarce and the trade was predominantly menial. The skins of fur-bearing animals were highly valued. In fact they were used as money in exchange for goods. And wealthy merchants to show their wealth, wore valuable fur coats (not to be confused with rabbits :) ), regardless of the time of year. If you compare the oligarchs of those times with today's, it looked as if the oligarch wore clothes made entirely of dollars. So, the ponces were still there to stand out and show their status :)

But not everyone, only the spiritually poor did so.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

But not everyone, only the spiritually poor did that.

No you're wrong, spirituality has nothing to do with it, it's an obvious indirect benefit, try to come to an important business meeting, not in a business suit for at least $ 5k, shoes for a thousand and a watch for 10, but in sneakers and a suit Adidas (( Unless you have compromising evidence on the influential persons of the meeting or you are not much richer than all present put together, the deal will be blown.

Do not go to another's monastery with his own mouth, those are the social rules, how you look so you relate to you, no one gives a damn about your rich inner world and spirituality, quantitatively you can only check the material wealth, expressed in status things. So a normal person with an income of 40k a month will have the latest iPhone a week after they arrived in the country and a foreign car with 2-3m rubles, most likely on credit or bought as an inheritance.

Having an expensive smartphone, a car and other paraphernalia is no indicator of wealth. All these things can be bought on credit, and one can live on the remainder of one's salary after paying off the debt. A really rich person does not hide his status (unless of course he is a thieving official), but he does not do so in an ostentatious way, so as to make himself stand out. This was the case in the period of initial accumulation of capital, when they said "from the mud to the riches" and sometimes there are articles in the press about the obscenities of "rich people" who have not yet earned anything but have their daddy's money at their disposal.