How are you with a market mindset? - page 6

Konstantin Nikitin:
Another tester's grail. They are here every first can draw, every second is not even worth talking about.

You have the right to think what you like, I don't mind)

Show me similar results and then we'll talk. It will be interesting to exchange experiences).

Vladimir:

About what? I don't need help, as I said, I've been using the above distinction between forex quotes and "just charts of obscure things" for years.

I wonder if the dimensionality is defined by formal analysis tools. In particular, even for the simplest case of EURUSD EURGBP GBPUSD - do methods of, for example, machine learning, the analysis of tens and hundreds of signs reveal that these three time series are tightly and precisely related by the simple relationship EURGBP = EURUSD / GBPUSD?

Yes it is interesting) I don't think so... you can only check...

My reasoning is very simple. I only work with pairs that have a decent positive swap (it doesn't matter if I am long or short). If there is a weekly or monthly extremum in the direction I am interested in, I start trading. Let's assume that it is a long and the price is at its low since the beginning of the year (month), from which it has already moved and there are technical indications of growth continuation. Then I place 3-5 buy orders: slightly below the current price, further below, and further below. If the price goes down again, I will have a few buys. Yes, I will be at a loss, but every night I will get a positive swap on open positions. Usually these losses do not last long: a few days at most, the total drawdown does not exceed 5%-10% of the balance. It may happen that the drawdown lasts longer, during which time the positive swap is accumulated and it reduces the load on the deposit. Then open positions are closed one after another on profit. Profit levels coincide with open levels of superior positions. For example, it is closed at 1.1550, while another position with profit 1.1600 is opened. And so on. I.e. a consequent closing of the order ladder is going on. At the same time in place of the closed positions I again lay down the same exact positions: at the same levels and in the same lots. I.e. I repeatedly examine the growth trajectory. I do not bother with economic news in order not to overload my head with unnecessary information that disturbs trading. The system is simple as hell, but it works, and that is the main thing.

Martin Cheguevara:

Where is the recovery factor? The drawdowns on the chart are such that they wipe out the year's profits.

Martin Cheguevara:

You're absolutely right!)

There's a 98% chance my system will work that way.

If there was a free server I would have thrown it in there and just given the result.

I don't know how to do it with MT4...

Enlighten me.

PS: I'm not a scalper, i'm not a statistician.

My system is statistically dependent and stable. So it is acceptable to increase deposit and risk linearly.

And in no way has any martingale, netting or similar nonsense.

so on the opening prices of hourly bars the test is enough for me.

The quotes were downloaded from Dukaccopy.

I cannot provide anything else.

For a universalist who thinks in terms of the quantum world, it is not so solid to present test results with such a low profitability and such a high maximum drawdown).

Martin Cheguevara:

You're absolutely right!)

There's a 98% chance my system will work that way.

If there was a free server I would have thrown it in there and just given the result.

I don't know how to do it with MT4...

Enlighten me.

PS: I'm not a scalper, i'm not a statistician.

My system is statistically dependent and stable. So it is acceptable to increase deposit and risk linearly.

And in no way has any martingale, netting or similar nonsense.

so on the opening prices of hourly bars the test is enough for me.

The quotes were downloaded from Dukaccopy.

I can't provide anything else.

You are absolutely right not to trade these systems on real. With such drawdowns and long losing streaks you will quickly get rid of the bulk of your deposit.

Martin Cheguevara:

You have the right to think what you like, I don't mind)

Show me similar results and then we'll talk. It will be interesting to exchange experiences).

I am not a fan of drawing pictures. I am not a fan of drawing pictures.

khorosh:

For a universalist who thinks in terms of the concepts of the quantum world, it's not solid to present test results with such a low profitability and such a high maximum drawdown).

Yes. it's true) I'm not successful everywhere unfortunately...

sometimes i have to close sessions manually...

I'm not very good at closing sessions manually sometimes ... but luckily it's not that hard to understand in time when my robot is going to have big drawdowns.

I have not seen any confirmation of your words) since everyone is the first, just give me your results))

Sergey Savinkin:

Where is the recovery factor? The drawdowns on the chart are such that they wipe out the year's profits.

the drawdowns in the test are unfortunately unavoidable.

there are only four options:

1. don't risk anything by earning

2. take a risk and lose everything

3. make the risk depend on certain statistical parameters of a financial instrument.

4. deposit your money in a bank with interest. which is not profitable with a small deposit, taking into account inflation.

Sergey Savinkin:

Where is the recovery factor? The drawdowns on the chart are such that they wipe out a year's profits.

The main thing is the ratio of the final profit to the maximum drawdown.

i have a self-balancing system. it just doesn't drain. The Risks are tightly controlled through statistics and what is very important - adjustment takes only half an hour, as the dependence between the changes in the input parameters and the result is linear.