The best solution for a scalper's entry - page 12

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

How do you think a zigzag on M1 can determine min and max.

It will be wrong all the time.

And why flounder in the noise, there are other TFs. I personally use H1. I'm not into scalpers.

the zigzag should be seen as a wave that cannot be argued against,

one of the best strategies is a trend indicator and a zigzag oscillator

you have to look for a new ray in the zigzag yourself)

Трендовые индикаторы - Использование технических индикаторов - MetaTrader 5
Трендовые индикаторы - Использование технических индикаторов - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
Трендовые индикаторы применяются для выявления трендов на финансовых рынках. На флетовых участках рынка данная группа индикаторов неэффективна...

khorosh:

.... The zigzag is an excellent tool for identifying reversal patterns.

And not only that. If you study the Zigzag carefully, you may notice one more interesting feature - the so-called "hidden" price

price range or trend in the body of the current trend or at the beginning of a future actually formed current trend, which for some time remains unaccounted for.

It remains unrecorded and unprocessed for some time. Its timely detection and treatment may lead to a substantial increase in

returns.

khorosh:

And why flounder in the noise, there are other TFs. Personally, I use H1. I'm not into scalpers.

I am not into scalpers. With large TFs you should open an order with a big lot and wait a long time to get a noticeable profit. Since the number of deals will be very small.

But the main question is what to do when the price goes against you. No indicator will save you here.

khorosh:

I agree with you. Many people underestimate the zigzag. But two zigzags (let's call them low frequency and high frequency) can be used to build quite a profitable TS. Trend reversals can be identified with the accuracy of the triggering threshold of the high-frequency zigzag. The zigzag is an excellent tool for identifying reversal patterns.

Please clarify the concept of a "low-frequency" and "high-frequency" zigzag.

Does it refer only to the use of reversal combinations of the last and initial bars of the local trend?

Or the current balance and imbalance of buying and selling, on which reversals can also be controlled?

Or has to do with the formation of not only the usual LOCAL (upward or downward)

but also the more complex LOCAL (upward-downtrend and downward-downtrend) trend?

aleger:

Please clarify the concept of "low-frequency" and "high-frequency" zigzags.

Does it refer only to the use of reversal combinations of the last and initial bars of the local trend?

Or the current balance and imbalance of buying and selling, on which reversals can also be controlled?

Or has to do with the formation of not only the usual LOCAL (upward or downward)

but also a more complex LOCAL (ascending-downward and descending-upward) trend?

They differ only in the parameter - the minimum threshold at which the beam appears. The zigzag with a smaller threshold value displays the price movement within the zigzag beam with a larger threshold value, which shows the trend direction. Figures created by the zigzag with a smaller threshold value are used for identification of a trend reversal.

khorosh:

The only difference is the minimum threshold value at which the ray appears. The zigzag with a smaller threshold value displays the price movement inside the zigzag beam with a larger threshold value, which shows the trend direction. Patterns created by a zigzag with a smaller threshold value are used to identify a trend reversal.

Thank you, I see, this is the moment of visualization of the current trend. It is up to this point that a "hidden" trend/range exists and should be taken into account!

aleger:

Thanks, I see, this is the point at which the current trend is visualised. It is up to this point that a "hidden" trend/range exists and should be taken into account!

It is not clear what is meant by a hidden trend/range.

khorosh:

It is unclear what the hidden trend/range means.

In short, it is the result of all ZigZag indicators, without exception, designed to visualize "linear" Trends.

Visualization (drawing) of the Trend Lines is carried out strictly according to the algorithm, implicit in the indicator, namely

The moment when the Close price of the current Bar of the previous trend is higher than the High or lower than the Low of the previous Bar. Until this moment

The next Trend does not actually exist, it is not visible, not controlled, it is "hidden"! Hence the loss of profit in EVERY working Trend and Trade!

aleger:

In short, this is the result of the work of all ZigZag indicators, without exception, designed to visualize "linear" Trends.

Visualization (drawing) of the Trend Lines is made strictly in accordance with the algorithm, implicit in the indicator, namely

The moment when the Close price of the current Bar of the previous trend is higher than the High or lower than the Low of the previous Bar. Until this moment

The next Trend does not actually exist, it is not visible, not controlled, it is "hidden"! This is why there is not enough profit in EVERY working Trend and Trade!

The trend, if it is defined in a generally accepted way, is always visible. Otherwise you understand a trend as something else.