A pattern. - page 23

Igor Makanu:

No, all price charts are random walks, but by historical highs and lows - the price always closes the historical High and Low, but also immediately creates new High and Low

You wrote above about"It obeys certain laws. And it follows those laws unconditionally."The only law - the trend component. If it (the trend) began, then it will continue - Renco chart to help, they can see and do not need to look where it began and where the trend ended

Well, about time - there is a rational reason, I think, and I've seen it recently, someone wrote that the price goes to a certain value, and the price movement slows down, then it speeds up, but by the given time the price will still be where it should be....the story seems to be from the field of "the masses", but if we look at the Forex market "soberly", then we remember the arbitrageurs and the major banks that buy from each other, so - why do trends then? - the price would be in the same range, month after month, year after year - that would suit everybody, but the price does not move that way, right? Yes, let us remember the Fed's rates and the government debt, and... the price keeps moving up and down and does not let anybody predict it, alas, the market - it was the same 100 years ago and will probably be the same for another 100 years

alas, this force may have zero effect, or may be unnews to someone, or may be custom-made news - today the market perceived it, and tomorrow the news has more weight

Finally, an adequate person has arrived)))

Igor Makanu:

No, all price charts are random walks, but by historical highs and lows - the price always closes the historical High and Low, but also immediately creates new High and Low

You wrote above about"It obeys certain laws. And it follows those laws unconditionally."The only law - the trend component. If it (the trend) began, then it will continue - Renco chart to the rescue, they can see and do not need to look where it began and where the trend ended

Well, about time - there is a rational reason, I think, and I've seen it recently, someone wrote that the price goes to a certain value, and the price movement slows down, then it speeds up, but by the given time the price will still be where it should be....the story seems to be from the field of "the masses", but if you look at the Forex market "soberly", we remember the arbitrageurs and big banks that buy from each other, so - why do trends then? - the price would be in the same range, month after month, year after year - that would suit everybody, but the price does not move that way, right? Yes, let us remember the Fed's rates and the government debt, so the price keeps moving up and down and does not let anybody predict it, alas, the market - it was the same 100 years ago and will probably be the same for another 100 years

alas, this force may have zero effect, and may be unnews to someone, and may be custom-made news - today the market accepted it, and tomorrow the news has more weight.

On the first point, it takes time. Yes.

And the second one is easier. How do you evaluate news? Evaluate who benefits from it.

Igor Makanu:

You wrote above about"It obeys certain laws. And it follows those laws unconditionally."The only law - the trend component. If it (the trend) began, then it will continue - Renco chart to the rescue, they can see and do not need to look where it began and where the trend ended

Well, about time - there is a rational reason, I think, and I've seen it recently, someone wrote that the price goes to a certain value, and the price movement slows down, then it speeds up, but by the given time the price will still be where it should be....the story seems to be from the field of "the masses", but if you look at the Forex market "soberly", we remember the arbitrageurs and big banks that buy from each other, so - why do trends then? - the price would be in the same range, month after month, year after year - that would suit everybody, but the price does not move that way, right? Yes, let us remember the Fed's rates and the government debt, and... the price keeps moving up and down and does not let anybody predict it, alas, the market - it was the same 100 years ago and will probably be the same for another 100 years

alas, this force may have zero effect, or it may not be news to anyone, or it may be commissioned news - today the market reacted to it, and tomorrow it comes out with more weight

Do you know any forums where normal algotraders sit?

I mean, they're like you, for example...

MANS_FOREX:

Finally, you've found a reasonable person)))

I'm not inadequate because I've been browsing this forum for more than a month now - I'm enjoying a conversation with myself )))

I've been watching price charts for a long time, when I have another epiphany, I start writing in mql... and the epiphany is gone ))))

SZZY: not to sound completely inadequate, I can tell you a few more pearls: I generally suspect that what we see in price charts is a quote engine work, yes there are deals, there is supply and demand, but when the quote engine either lags or goes the wrong way, then there is a big candle .... sync and then go again and so on all timeframes )))))))))

MANS_FOREX:

Do you know any forums where normal algotraders sit?

I mean, like, you know, normal ones like you...

Well, medics say that absolutely adequate people do not exist!!!! everyone has a mental disorder, just many of them hide it cleverly! )))

The fossil fuels have a lot of advantages when it comes to the traders' professionalism and their professionalism.

Igor Makanu:

no dedicated, all price charts are random walks, but by historical highs and lows - the price always closes the historical High and Low, but also immediately creates new High and Low

Yes, there are such misconceptions. Most of them are created on the basis of Western advertising manuscripts... After this prophecy everyone stops thinking and repeats this nonsense like an epiphany from above ...

If we simply test any strategy associated with this revelation, we see a clear inconsistency with these statements...

A simple question arises: Why do we fall for this hoax...?

Serqey Nikitin:

Yes, there are such misconceptions... Most of them are created on the basis of Western advertising copybooks.... After this prophecy, everyone stops thinking and repeats this nonsense like an epiphany from above...

If we simply test any strategy associated with this revelation, we will see a clear inconsistency with these statements...

Because we connect two neighbouring bars with lines.

That is, we indicate in advance a linear relationship between them.

There is nothing easier to fool a beginner with a super cool strategy.

There are principles of market analysis that are violated not even at the stage of writing the first lines of code, but at the stage of perception itself...

Igor Makanu:

Alas, this power may have zero effect, or it may not be news to anyone, or it may be commissioned news - today the market perceives it, and tomorrow there is more weight in the news

There is no contradiction here. You have to know how to filter out imposed news. Most of the news in the terminal's feed is of this nature only.

But news feed data can be a catalyst for buying big players and unacceptable for small ones. Liquidity comes first. And it is liquidity that gets the least attention in the forex market.

the simplest example of a trend misunderstanding is

there are 2 sequences

1- 10101001111010101

2- 10010100111011101

one of them is ripped out of a random sequence

the second one I made up myself.

where 111 seems to be on the two sequences

BUT:

one of them doesn't make any sense at all

in the other sequence I put my own specific meaning.

The thing about the market is that 111 does not mean trend and it does not mean that you can make money on it.

Serqey Nikitin:

Yes, there are such misconceptions... Most of them are created on the basis of Western advertising copybooks.... After this prophecy, everyone stops thinking and repeats this nonsense like an epiphany from above...

If we simply test any strategy associated with this revelation, we will see a clear inconsistency with these statements...

Come on, I've been looking at the charts for years, the price will always close the historic High and Low, often intraday, less often the historic

Some people say that they are stop hunters, others say that the bears have exhausted themselves and now the bulls have entered the market, others say that the price has gone by the Gann squared, but the price return has always been on all possible charts - why would the price return?

And why did price charts before the era of personal computers also have price returns?

And finally - I do not see the sense in the opening price of the bar, I do not see the sense in the closing price of the bar - the discreteness of time has ended and these prices have formed, if the charts had a discreteness that constantly changes - would these prices be reasonable?

i still have 2 prices High and Low - that's probably why i only pay attention to these coincidences )))

I have encountered only two ways of determining what randomness is and when it begins to dominate. These are autocorrelation of a random process and the Hurst index.