A pattern. - page 24

MANS_FOREX:

There are principles of market analysis which are violated not even at the stage of writing the first lines of code, but at the stage of perception itself...

Yes, it's easy to say that everything has been decided for us a long time ago... But no one is forbidden to think with their head...?

Only a genius could come up with this clever thing)
Files:
1.JPG  61 kb

Serqey Nikitin:

Yes, the easiest thing to say is that everything was decided for us a long time ago... But no one is forbidden to think with their head...?

see #230 #232

Igor Makanu:

Come on, I have been looking at the charts for years, the price always closes the historical High and Low, often intraday, less often the historical

Some people write that it's the stop hunters, others write that the bears have run out of steam and now the bulls have entered the market, others write that it's the Gann squared, but the price return has always been on all possible charts - why would the price return? especially in Forex, where liquidity is essentially limitless?

And why did price charts before the era of personal computers also have price returns?

And finally - I do not see the sense in the opening price of the bar, I do not see the sense in the closing price of the bar - the discreteness of time has ended and these prices have formed, if the charts had a discreteness that constantly changes - would these prices be reasonable?

I have 2 prices left - High and Low - that's probably why I pay attention only to those coincidences)))

Crowd and is tied precisely to a specific discrete time. A step to the side is seen as a dissent.

MANS_FOREX:

because we connect two adjacent bars with lines.

That is, we specify a linear relationship between them in advance.

There is nothing easier to teach a newcomer a super cool strategy.

There are principles of market analysis that are violated not even at the stage of writing the first lines of code, but at the stage of perception itself...

Well, approximately so, but for a long time I have been evaluating market situations not in the adjacent bars - the bars that are interesting are not similar to others, and they just turn out to be historical ones

So, there was a big candlestick a couple of days ago, the candlestick, as you write - gave an impulse to the price, and then the price returned and closed this candlestick and its maximum, and the price made a new maximum

from the perspective of market orders, I know that the big candlestick was a high volume of orders - the market declined, so let all the small traders rushed to form a trend, but why should the price come back in a few days?

MANS_FOREX:
Only a genius could come up with this tricky thing).

Everyone knows that such complex tasks as FOREX can be solved in several DIFFERENT ways... In this case we can talk about efficiency of different solutions, but it's silly to argue that these solutions will be MANY...

MANS_FOREX:
I have encountered only two ways of determining what randomness is and when it begins to dominate. These are autocorrelation of a random process and Hearst's index.

Alas, everything has already been researched before us:

Max Günther "THE BUREAU SPEAKER'S AXIOMS".

Auxiliary axiom #7. Beware of the misconception that correlation and causation exist.

Igor Makanu:

Well, approximately so, but I have long been evaluating market situations not in the adjacent bars - I am interested in bars that are not similar to others, and they just turn out to be historical

So, there was a big candlestick a couple of days ago, the candlestick, as you write - gave an impulse to the price, and then the price returned and closed this candlestick and its maximum, and the price made a new maximum

from the perspective of market orders, I know that the big candle was a big volume of orders - the market went down, well, let all the small traders rushed to form a trend, but why should the price go back in a few days?

We should not think about what we can never know.

I have methods to determine when there is a trend and what kind of trend it is, i.e. whether it is created by chance or by a prevailing process.

But the potential for a guaranteed profit, as I've already calculated it for EURUSD, is about 2%, that is, out of all market movements only 2% do not overlap, and that's on the weekly chart.

I do not even need to look lower.

Igor Makanu:

Alas, everything has been explored before us:

Ehhh... you've got me all wrong ...

Igor Makanu:

Alas, everything has been researched before us:

Speaking of which, I don't believe in anything but mathematics.

I've been convinced a hundred times that a word in the stock market is worth a penny.

Calculated maths is worth a thousand of those words.